Discussion: Why Jeff Sessions As Attorney General Horrifies Voting Rights Advocates

A million times thank you.

I knew if was from Ira it was worth asking about. And as usual, spot on.

1 Like

There is a 100% chance that the Trump admin. will advance voter suppression to combat nonexistent in person voter fraud. Congrats to all those those who could vote, but chose not to because they felt the candidates both sucked.

8 Likes

Bigots to the left of me, conspiracy theorists to the right of me, xenophobes above and misogynists below.

Yep, the Trump cabinet is surely shaping up to be a reflection of his own world view.

9 Likes

I’m sure at least he’ll be a loyal little lapdog for Donnie.

2 Likes

With Amash saying this, I truly hope Sessions won’t be confirmed. I’ll start calling my Senators.

6 Likes

And right on cue, according to my Twitter TL, Joe Fuckin Manchin is supporting him.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, both characters share the same views.

3 Likes

Jeff Sessions is now very close to a total lock for confirmation. Manchin (via @SalenaZito), Collins, Flake, Toomey etc on board.

— Steven Dennis (@StevenTDennis) November 18, 2016
1 Like

we are so fucked

4 Likes

ACLU petition against Sessions. Please spread this.

6 Likes

Signed, sent and Twittered.

2 Likes

t o everyone here who still refuses to accept the fact that voter fraud…not just suppression…but the discarding of votes wrong tabulations…not counting votes…EXIT polls etc etc all accounting for clinton losing the swing states …you now have sessions in charge PRECISELY TO INSURE it not only continues/expands…but that no one ever gets prosecuted for doing it.
trump as vile a creature we know shares that with sessions but…even he did not believe he would win…internal polls ALL showing it…SURPRISE SURPRISE to learn trump did that he won thanks to voter fraud…and what better way to make sure republicans continue to prosper from it?
good starting point

1 Like

So Justice shifts from blind to hooded…

6 Likes

Horrifying and exhausting, no doubt, but just another decision by Orange Julius that’s a nail in the Republican party’s coffin.

He’s building the worst administration in American history, and Republicans will be paying for the next four years for a generation after.

6 Likes

The thought recently occurred to me that the summertime media/pundit cries of the GOP being in a civil war with itself was premature, given the election outcome.

Perhaps the real civil war will actually break out over the next two or so years. We’ll all be casualties, but theirs will turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory.

2 Likes

Barry Goldwater: A few years before his death he addressed establishment Republicans by saying, “Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you’ve hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have.”

3 Likes

The announcement that Donald Trump will nominate Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) to be his attorney general has produced a panic among civil rights groups.

Not to mention decent human folk of any group.

2 Likes

Me too, as soon as I stop twittering my pants.

1 Like

Just voting rights advocates? This dude should horrify everyone.

3 Likes

Just when I was decreasing my Xanax intake, he pulls this shit.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available