Discussion: Why Did Mike Flynn Bother To Lie To The FBI?

Trump is a huge fan of FOX News, and he undoubtedly swallowed whole every lie about all the laws Obama supposedly broke and believed he could do the same.

Because he’s a moron.

19 Likes

A bit off Topic. Considering the events of the day, Trumps Twitters are pretty tame. Obviously he isn’t doing much at the moment other than freaking out.

Now I did a little looking, on 17th just down the way from the White House, there is a Mcdonalds. Has anyone checked to see if they have had a Yuuge order today? Sort of a Post OMG OMG OMG! binge fest?

9 Likes

11 Likes

Well kids, welcome to the world us oldsters grew up in. It is almost nostalgic.

16 Likes

That’s what is so amazing about these people. Most of us lay political junkies here by now can accurately predict their next move before it happens. So it is fair to think that someone of Mueller’s experience with criminal minds knows what their next 10 moves will be.

Yet the likes of Tom Cotton are still apparently clamoring to jump on this sinking ship. What about this administration brings on the hubris or derangement, causing this breathtakingly self destructive behavior on the part of so many people? Many with decades of at least sensibly self-interested political experience to inform their decisions?

It’s like watching moths mesmerized by a bug lamp, with no ability whatsoever to stop themselves from going ZAP! Utterly bizarre.

13 Likes

It’s the Nazis’ turn in the barrel

And we’re going to have a barrel of fun!

2 Likes

Not exactly on topic, but…ouch!

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/12/01/kimmel-roy-moore-not-will-fight-ill-wear-girl-scout-uniform-can-get-excited/

13 Likes

There’s no need to puzzle over why he lied. The answer is right there in the word ‘sanctions’. It’s been the core theme of Russia’s involvement and quid pro quo collusion. The existence of the conversation wasn’t worth lying about but the topic was. He was fully cognizant of the risks and perhaps the futility but he did it anyway because sanctions are what this is all about.

That and the pee tape…

7 Likes

I think Laurence Tribe has weighed in on this. His view is, I believe, that there’s nothing in the Constitution to prevent indictment…
I just heard Major Garrett on CBS say that contacting foreign officials by an incoming admin wouldn’t be against the law. Not sure how the wider legal community views this.

3 Likes

And I’m with Tribe. I think it is utterly absurd to think otherwise. The president is not above the law - any law.

As far as Garrett goes, I think that would depend on what it was about but usually that would not a problem.

7 Likes
44 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Many of you will be watching… let us know what she reports.

10 Likes

Yes, I strongly agree with that.
The transition’s interference in the sanctions regime imposed by the Obama admin clearly indicates an attempt to undermine then current foreign policy.

Anyway, I’m trying to get up to speed with my own talking points with relatives…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Gosh, that’s never been done before, ya know? A phone call. MAGA on display.

Around these parts, we call that a “back channel”. How much of the globe do Vladimir and Donald think they can split?

8 Likes
17 Likes

That’s a very good question - I think they are definitely intent on the Balkans and Putin wants what the USSR lost back. Trump wants build hotels all over those places near as I can tell.

And possibly move on to the eastern hemisphere from there.

6 Likes

If there is a hall of fame for twitter. That is one deserving of induction.

6 Likes

No one in the WH has the balls to leave right now to go pick it up …

The press might …’ see em ’ and they’d have to ’ lie ’ about it –

6 Likes