Discussion: Whoa, There! Trump Faces Hurdles As He Moves To Dissolve Charity

2 Likes

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

Well 2017 will be awesome.

14 Likes

The disconnect is real

10 Likes

yeah they’re getting very close to having enough votes to amend the constitution without us.

It’s going to be awesome alright.

3 Likes

I am ashamed of the fact that we have a national news media that is so inept that it can’t remember that Trump ran on “crooked Hilary” largely in reference to the Clinton Foundation. The Trump Foundation was by definition a true slushfund, but, when it comes to our oil soaked media, it’s ok when a Republican does it.

26 Likes

There is no mention of prohibiting members of Congress from bowing and scraping or other signs of showing fealty to their King.

6 Likes

Shred, Trump, shred

13 Likes

A definite oversight.

Lately I find myself really wishing I could have a word or twenty, with the founders. They fucking knew the history of the Roman Empire. They knew how the Republic just kind of evaporated around Augustus when he took power. He never claimed absolute power but he had it anyway because the Republic could not protect itself against this kind of takeover.

They should have plugged up a few more holes, dammit.

12 Likes

While some of the blame should goto the DNC and the ‘horses’ that the party are running in these races, the Democratic electorate need to realize that voting matters.

9 Likes

Trump can dupe some people some of the time, but not all people, all of the time.

6 Likes

Trump better watch himself on each and every following March 15th.

7 Likes

Jeanrette (?) disagrees with that.

“Crooked Hillary” was definitely one of the more successful Trump projection themes.

That was the idea: throwing memorable labels at everyone around him, specifically to plant the notion that the label applies only to the others and not to him.

Crooked. Lyin’. And my favorite: Little.

8 Likes

Any story about l’arancia that has this line

Unfortunately for the President-elect

is my kind of story. I almost don’t care what the rest is about.

Tonight Kennedy Center Awards where you’ll see the President and Mrs. O presiding for the last time. :sob:

8 Likes

dumbshits

3 Likes

@tena @katscherger Very, very dumb shits.

We can’t talk about this story enough: trumpet voters who need ACA desperately but voted for him not believing he’d move to abolish it even though he said he would. Now it’s the coal miners’ to weep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/12/27/these-coal-country-voters-backed-trump-now-theyre-worried-about-losing-obamacare/?utm_term=.d95d202224a9&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

17 Likes

And who’s going to tell them? Obama told them Some didn’t listen.

5 Likes

:joy:

I actually love that to pieces. Thank you for posting it - I had not seen it. One of my wishes granted! Can’t believe it.

3 Likes

I guess they hated us so much that they just completely fucked themselves.

11 Likes

That’s exactly right.

@littlegirlblue - I’ve held off saying this but goddamn it these people make me crazy because they are crazy. The damn coal mines they are so desperate to go back to work in, are killing them and have killed them for generations.

They could get out of this loop of death, which makes them terrible nihilists, if they just would agree to be trained for some other kind of job that doesn’t kill people like coal mining does.

See the documentary The Wild Whites of West Virginia sometime - you will get quite a picture of the kind of people who have been doing this work for so long that they are completely hopeless and it’s the damn work that makes them that way.

7 Likes