Discussion: White Yale Grad Student Calls Police On Black Grad Student Sleeping In Dorm

1 Like

Hostile environment. Could get really expensive.

9 Likes

Yet another vicious and unprovoked attack on privileged, White youth.

Dear G-d, when will the carnage of Sleeping While Black finally end?!

28 Likes

I’m sure Trump will be inviting her to the WH for a beer any day now.

4 Likes

Napping while Black.

11 Likes

If someone had called the cops every time I was napping in public during college…

8 Likes

As if a New Haven local would dare to set foot on campus. Locals have been led to believe that it’s illegal to set foot on campus there.

4 Likes

I wish I could remember who said this on Twitter, but we have an epidemic of white people unable to control their imaginations.

Plus, yet another reminder that white privilege isn’t about what you receive as much as it’s what you don’t receive.

Lastly, what about the harasser? Who may have mental health issues? What is Yale doing about her?

26 Likes

Well, all-whitey, then…

Exorbitant tuition apparently doesn’t make you any smarter…

10 Likes

Show your ID for Pete’s sake.

So, we have no information on what happens to racist psycho whitey bitch hall monitor who is harassing fellow students. Okay then.
If she hassles someone else they could have a “class action” suit.

10 Likes

I’m really tired of white people tricks. I was in Sicily when I read about the two pueblo boys who went up to Ft. Collins to tour Colorado State and some white bitch got “nervous” and called the cops on them.

17 Likes

I was wondering about that. If she does have mental health issues the university should have propagated that knowledge to the campus police. And if that’s code for “she’s crazy racist” then the university should be dealing with that too.

I wonder also which department each is in. Squabbles over whose department is more important are seldom far from the surface.

6 Likes

“…telling police the woman who called them suffered from mental illness…”

In the 70s a friend from HS was stabbed in the throat while she slept. The stabber was someone from her college dorm (in Corvallis Oregon) who people described as mentally ill. One should not dismiss trivial-seeming warning signs like this.

3 Likes

And one should be careful equating mental illness with violence.

2 Likes

Well, we always knew that driving while black was a crime in this country as is standing in your yard while black. We’ve recently found that sitting while black will also get you arrested in some coffee houses. It was only a mater of time before sleeping while black became a reason to call the cops.

12 Likes

I’m sorry but WhyTF do all these over privileged prima donnas feel the need to call the COPS on people all the fking time? What ever happened to campus security or just asking the person directly? Barring that…what about minding your own business???

15 Likes

FWIW it was probably the campus police who were called. I blench to think (having lived in new haven as a kid) what might have happened if the city cops had been called.

3 Likes

I was also wondering about that. Who was the person the white student had previously called the cops on? A friend of the white student or a friend of the black student? Both id’d Parties in the article are female, “a friend of hers” is ambiguous

You tell me why. I’m so embarrassed by it that I could die. It makes being white really difficult. Part of the year I live with Taos Pueblo residents and this shit makes me cringe.

Who told these bitches that it was ok to call the cops every time someone darker than their mocha lattes got close to them?

5 Likes