Discussion: White House Won't Say If Transgender Individuals Will Be Kicked Out Of Military

1 Like

“I think sometimes you have to make decisions and once he made a decision, he didn’t feel it was necessary to hold that decision.”

You mean like: “I’ll have the ravioli…no, I’ll have the spaghetti with clam sauce”? Like that, but with people’s lives and careers and healthcare and national defense?

22 Likes

“It’s not meant to be anything more than that,” Sanders said. “And it’s simply about — obviously it’s a very difficult decision. It’s not a simple one.”

What an incompetent idiot.

19 Likes

Seems that this total ban came out of nowhere as an over-reacting Trump impulsively decided to make sure his wall got funded. Rather than quibble over the (inflated) projected medical/surgical costs of attending to TGs in the proposed budget, Trump just banned them completely, thus freeing up funds for the wall. Surprising to everyone, Sec. Mattis (who disagreed) included. Huck’s spin is just so much moving air.

8 Likes

Naughty TPM, using the pic of Sarah looking her most Trans-y.

11 Likes

It’s a stealth policy, no one can know any of the details!

5 Likes

The Three Stooges would do a better job at governance than these goons! Awful! Can’t even think through consequences of decisions.

11 Likes

Mike Signorile at Huff Post has the deets on how Mike Pence has been working to kick out Trans poeple for a while.

9 Likes

It’s her boss that’s incompetent. We don’t actually have any reliable data on her own competence.

2 Likes

Sanders said the President informed his national security team of the decision just one day before he announced it.

Of course nobody thought through this policy decision before announcing it. Because that’s how this clown show rolls.

9 Likes

Because they have no idea. Just another Trumpian half-baked idea. He threw this mess on the floor & the Defense Dept. has to figure out what to do about it.

10 Likes

I wonder if it came after meeting with the Boy Scouts and feeding all those teenaged boys red meat.

2 Likes

if the concern is “we don’t want taxpayers on the hook for gender reassignment procedures”, then just make that decision. You don’t have to kick them out of the military to accomplish that.

What. Fucking. Idiots.

7 Likes

Why doesn’t she say. Yes all currently serving transgender will be kicked out. That gives the opportunity to Trump to be magnanimous and contradict her by stating a less extreme position. I though that now with Scaramucci (“will you do the fandango?”) they would understand that instead of “softening” the president statements and making them look bland and stupid, they should “harden” them to make it look really mean spirited and loved by the base, then Trump can soften the statements themselves and earn the praise from the the republican ''moderates".

3 Likes

I want to know who “my Generals” are. Do they have names?

10 Likes

I am going to steal that!!

3 Likes

almost passes! Nobody who’s had this much work done can chime in on the evils of surgery and biological indentity.

7 Likes

When the President made the decision yesterday, the secretary of defense was immediately informed, as were the rest of the national security team,”

Trump presumes to know enough about military personnel needs, battlefield readiness, desired qualifications and conditions in various military settings to tell his SecDef how things are going to be done.

Other than by virtue of his title, on what fricking basis?
6 Likes

Since transgender personnel are currently serving and since the policy to allow them to serve as their “preferred” gender hasn’t actually been implemented yet, what is there to change?

Basically if you are a male who thinks you are a female, the military will treat you as a male instead of what you think you are. Which means if you are biologically male you will have to perform to male physical fitness standards, wear male uniforms, use male locker rooms, male etc…just like they currently do.

2 Likes

It’s not meant to be anything more than that,” Sanders said. “And it’s simply about — obviously it’s a very difficult decision. It’s not a simple one.”

5 Likes