Discussion: White House: Trump's Declaration Will Help Free Up $8 Billion For Border Wall

And for those of you looking for the (inevitable) Putin connection, a likely source of a significant chunk of that military construction budget is the overseas projects in places like Poland where we’re building up a defense against Russia…

5 Likes

That wall will keep out a few Mexicans but it will eliminate a lot of barriers for a Russian invasion.
Lets just get rid of the F*cker any way we can. I am sick of it.

5 Likes

Please be the first to violate the Third Amendment. Just to be first at something. So much winning.

3 Likes

There’s the Impeachable Offense and it doesn’t even need investigating. WTF are they waiting for?

5 Likes

Who is impeaching him exactly? The GOP Senate who told him to do this. The brave country before party GOP senators who are totally not going to face backlash from the donors and primary voters for throwing out a GOP President. You think this is Trump yanking an entire party to crazy town. You think Pence, that brave slightly orange moron wouldn’t sell out everything to keep support and get himself easily elected by a stupid ignorant group that is too chickenshit to label themselves as Republicans so they say I’m Independent.

1 Like

This is all theater. Trump is in terror of losing his base, and so is the rest of the GOP. At this point, they can’t have a clue what to do. Dump him or hang on? Even Ann Coulter’s bailing. Time will tell.

2 Likes
               Free Up $8 Billion

Actually …… first things first —

It’s freeing up a lot of lawyer fees …… that’s it –

3 Likes

So Turtle is Pontius Pilate, now?

I think I’ve read Presidents have what amount to slush funds they can tap for purposes not needing the consent of Congress. And they have the ability to shift small amounts of money from one designated use to a different one of their choosing. Trump is only shy about $4 billion what he asked for. I fail to understand why he just didn’t cobble together money from various sources and do this without declaring an emergency.

ome $2.5 billion more will be drawn from other Department of Defense accounts, and particularly from pools of money set aside for counter-drug trafficking programs.

Feature, not a bug?

allow him to access roughly $8 billion

In 22nd century dollars, the year the lawsuits will be settled, it will be much less.

1 Like

This is the go to position for all of us paying attention to him.

1 Like

Pence may at some point be installed in the WH and pardon trumpp, which is understood. He may plan to run for election after that, but there’s no guarantee at all he’d win. The animosity of the R base and the party in general and the country at large will be such he’ll be regarded as unkindly as Gerald Ford was.

However much money Trump gets to build his wall, let’s make sure that all that money is accounted for when the wall doesn’t get built . . .

1 Like