Discussion: White House Hires New Lawyer Expected To Help With Russia Response

1 Like

Hope Mr. Cobb has a good “glove” for Presidential tweets. He’ll need it.

8 Likes

I’m not sure Ty Cobb can hit it out of the park with a White House full of forced errors. Unless he’s pretty good at umpiring a bad game, this won’t make a difference.

2 Likes

If Mr. Cobb doesn’t secure Dear Leaker’s Tweetie machine, the Trumpire is toast.

5 Likes

“Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!”

10 Likes

He should be a good replacement for Jamie Gorelick, who resigned from Kushner’s team. Hope you got the bucks up front, Jamie!

(BTW, when your high-powered, high-profile, high-dollar lawyer quits, it’s probably a sign that you don’t have any defense, even a crappy one.)

3 Likes

Mr. Cobb may also be related to Wilford Brimley

11 Likes

I don’t recall many people signing up to jump onto the Titanic after it hit that iceberg in April 1912 but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Wonder just how many zeros were on that retainer check? I’m guessing at least nine and that’s all to the left of the decimal.

@j.dave I loved that movie! Sappy as hell but I still loved it. It’s hard to beat James Earl Jones and Burt Lancaster.

9 Likes

Oooh… I was just thinking about the great conversations they’ll have. “I was the best baseball player in New York when I was in high school and college. I would have beat Ty Cobb’s records, if I hadn’t decided to become the world’s greatest realtor”.
If you think I’m kidding (of course you don’t), he said the same thing about chess back in the 90’s, claiming that he could become a grandmaster in two years if he wanted.

8 Likes

Grandmaster? Never knew he took debating.

3 Likes

Ty Cobb is going to make a beeline at Mueller with spikes high looking to draw blood. But I expect Mueller will cleanly avoid him, slap his glove down, and throw him out trying to steal.

5 Likes

If it is all a “hoax,” Donnie, why the need for a separate attorney?

8 Likes

9 Likes

Trump is certainly putting America’s lawyers back to work.

5 Likes

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys

12 Likes

White House Hires New Lawyer

I wonder if Tierney has a macro for that yet?

5 Likes

It’s the new #MAGA!

14 Likes

The New Yorker has a way of cutting to the chase like few others!

Now that’s just laugh out loud funny, tiowally!

4 Likes

And Statler.

13 Likes

Can campaign pay legal fees for non-political exec of private corp that is totally separate from Trump. Interesting tweet and comments.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/886286641215795200
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEy49iGWAAAiLgL.jpg

9 Likes