Discussion: White House Confuses Taiwan And China In Painful G20 Press Release Blunder

4 Likes

People’s Republican of China?

16 Likes

“People’s Republican of China.” ?

Did you mean to imply that Trump is a 'Republican of Russis"?

I suppose not…

7 Likes

Yep, you need to fix that, editor. Republican of China is funny, but not right. You can blame autocorrect if you want.

Auto correct is never at fault if you are paying attention to what you are doing.

1 Like

About as easy to keep straight as the Judean People’s Front from the People’s Front of Judea.

15 Likes

Where is the “days without becoming an international embarrassment” meme?

30 Likes

“Differences emerge endlessly.” Very Chinese.

16 Likes

OMG. If only Trump could see his way clear to tap some of those people from, where is it?, oh yeah, the State Department. They could help him out with these things. :face palm:

50 Likes

Trump thinks he can get China to do the heavy lifting on North Korea by negging them like some dumbass MRA with a low-self esteem sorority girl.

China thinks it can get those islands in the SCS by personally bribing Donald.

I know where I’d place my bet.

32 Likes

Why do you think it’s a blunder? So far trump has gotten away with absolutely everything domestically, so he needs to try the same internationally.

8 Likes

@jmundstuk it’s not a Chinese bon mot. Everyone knows which end is the source of the “endless” differences :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Back when he was poking the tiger as a President-elect the China experts I know of were freaking out, saying they take this stuff much more seriously than we can imagine. Taiwan to them is a breakaway province and a very sore topic and any doubt expressed about the One China policy absolutely enrages them. This typo is less dangerous, but it’s still going to upset them and a competent administration wouldn’t have come close to doing it. We are in danger, physical danger, because we elected this crew, and all I can say is God help us for as long as they’re in there.

48 Likes

‘“Differences emerge endlessly,” …’

I take that as a fairly sharp rebuke of Trump.

18 Likes

For. The. Love. Of. God!!

13 Likes

Demonstrating, yet again, that these fools cannot manage to get the simplest things right.

21 Likes

True.

14 Likes

Why, do you think? Just because whack-job Trump and his crew are ignorant of geopolitics, diplomacy, protocol, the world situation, economics, American policy, the Constitution, law, and besides all this, they lie, cheat, steal and are dumber than horse shit . . . . oh yeah, I guess I see why.

28 Likes

It’s obviously a mistake, but they keep making these kinds of mistakes. Why can’t they show some minimal competence? If they ran these kinds of releases by the appropriate people in the State Department, as they should be doing, this probably would have been caught and corrected.

18 Likes

Right here:

36 Likes