Discussion: While Pro-Impeachment Dems Whip Support, Pelosi Frets About Public Ignorance

JFC, come on, Nancy. If you want the public to be less ignorant about the need for impeachment, HOLD LIVE TELEVISED HEARINGS.

Hearings are what educate people. Must-see TV brought down Nixon; must-see TV will bring down the Pumpkin Traitor.

21 Likes

Pelosi, stop being disingenuous. You can open an impeachment inquiry without ever pulling the trigger on impeachment, you know this better than anyone else.

21 Likes

I would go with Laurence Tribe on this. He is for Impeachment. He is aware of Pelosi’s concerns. What we have to do is educate the public on the benefits of the Impeachment Process, most of which nearly all of us here know very well.

So does Tribe.

16 Likes

“Per the Beast, Pelosi found that even well educated people did not understand that impeachment does not guarantee Trump’s removal from the presidency.”

So sad. But that’s also why Reps are so important. They know better about their constituents.

5 Likes

Waiting until the American public is no longer ignorant is a brilliant and practical plan!

If for some reason that fails, I say we go with impeachment inquiries featuring lots of pictures of adorable kittens.

13 Likes

But the same ill-informed people won’t know the difference.

1 Like

If we’re going to function at the level where we think that a majority of Americans are so stupid that they couldn’t even learn the difference over the next few months…

Then we may as well give up now, just launch the fucking nukes and be done with it.

5 Likes

The public was deadset against impeaching Nixon too. But those guys managed to find their balls and change public opinion. Stop being a coward, Nancy.

7 Likes

One thing FOR sure…When Pelosi Pulls the Trigger, and the ReThuggs call her as wanting to Impeach rather than govern, all she has to do is point to the 1,253,387 articles pointing to HER as the impediment to opening up the Impeachment Process.

Oh… and the 1,253,387 bills passed by the House in the months after Congress went in session…which are in McConnell’s wastebasket

10 Likes

Learning through the process is possible. What I mean is, once the impeachment hearings begin, they’ll be treated as formal impeachment (the vote) both because of people’s ignorance and the media’s tendency to create tension. The whole thing will be chaotic and the power of hearings will be impaired.

5 Likes

I read the article but missed the fretting part. It basically said Democrats are having meetings.

8 Likes

It’s not that their stupid, they just hate politics and don’t give a fuck about anything but their own lives. Maybe 2% of the population are as plugged into daily politics as those on this board are.

10 Likes

Oh, I understood you. I’m just countering that if the majority of Americans really are that stupid, we may as well give up and commit mass suicide for the planet via nukes.

However, I’ll counter that I don’t think people are that stupid. People can understand that they’re watching hearings, not a trial with a verdict at the end.

And Pelosi is really starting to get annoying by refusing to deal with the two points separately.

6 Likes

I think it’d be a good idea if the Congress and media can start talking about the differences.

5 Likes

…but being swayed by misinformation is so much easier and effortless today.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing, the public won’t be informed until you start the freaking hearings. People aren’t going to read a 400 page report but, they will watch Mueller and others testify, especially if they think it might be juicy.

12 Likes

Given that Trump is our current president, maybe the public is too stupid for general elections as well.

What’s the excuse going to be next week? Next month?

5 Likes

Poor Madam Speaker .

This is an old song
That will not declare itself …

3 Likes

Any excuse to be weak.

2 Likes