Discussion: Where Things Stand With The Senate's Last-Ditch Obamacare Repeal Push

4 Likes

What was that definition of insanity again?

18 Likes

Well this isn’t governing this is terrorism … keep throwing grenades they can’t catch all of them sooner or later one will land or if at first you don’t succeed try try again and again and again and again. Pass it and you own it GOP.

19 Likes

“close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.”

And, shudder, nuclear war.

I heard the Chuck Schumer is threatening to derail must-pass legislation to keep the Republicans from killing thousands of Americans (and legal immigrants). I hope that’s true, that he can do it and that he will keep his nerve. Republicans don’t fight fair. Why should Democrats, when there are people’s lives at stake?

28 Likes

From the photo, it looks like one of the pirates forgot to wear his eye-patch this morning.

…and yes, today is Talk Like A Pirate Day

So, what is a pirates favorite letter?

… tax cuts for the rich…

4 Likes

You’re not ‘taking the hill’ if you’re walking over nothing but scorched earth.

3 Likes

And while most Republicans are falling over themselves in praising the bill for devolving health care decision-making and funding back to state governments, some have warned that allowing states to design their own systems could lead to … states designing their own systems.

It seems to me like, of late, TPM has been adopting a slightly snarky tone in reporting.

I think it’s appropriate for the current administration and congressional leadership. Keep it up.

13 Likes

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/653484010.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

2 Likes

McConnell obviously timed this so imbecile would be distracted and not start tweeting. And guess what, he was right! Trump probably doesn’t even know this is happening. His supporters, we read, will never blame him for anything. Aren’t they wondering where that “something terrific” healthcare is?

8 Likes

The motivation behind the Republican push to deprive millions of health insurance access isn’t solely motivated by a sociopathic enjoyment of inflicting pain and suffering on people. It’s also motivated by the basic desire to get access to the Koch Bros campaign piggy bank, which requires killing the ACA and defunding Medicaid to free up money for tax cuts for the wealthy.

20 Likes

No wonder Thune is singing the praises of grave robbers. That sounds just like the kind of thing a pirate would say.

“Yar. Let’s rob the graveyard in Tartuga, matey. We’ll bring the gold from the Dead back to the Old Cap’n Koch-beard, and he’ll not flog us again!”

8 Likes

…Koch-Beard…

I’m not sure whether to interpret that literally or metaphorically…

4 Likes

Arrrrrrrrr Matey.

4 Likes

Why not both?

1 Like

“I call [bill co-author Bill Cassidy] the grave robber,"

Don’t worry. If this shit passes, he’ll be filing far more graves than he robbed.

12 Likes

Grave Robber? How about grave digger. These people are amoral. I sit on a board of trustees for a small non-profit. We take our fiduciary responsibility VERY seriously. How is it that our government is so fundamentally uninterested in the budgetary and HUMAN costs of this zombie bill? That’s rhetorical. I know the answer- a potent combo of personal greed, Russian election hacking, Koch money & moral bankruptcy.

14 Likes

So, once again, this is the true face of "conservatism?"

13 Likes

The CBO is prominsing a “preliminary” assessment by early next week. Let’s hope it’s as awful as it should be.

6 Likes

It’s an interesting game. The Republicans need to get 50 yes votes together at the same time sometime before September 30. If only three Republican Senators continue to have cold feet for 11 more days, they’ll run out the clock and nothing more can be done. Tick, tick, tick…

At least this time we’ll all know when it’s finally over.

8 Likes

So can we indict these S.O.B.s for attempted murder yet?

6 Likes