Discussion: WH: Trump Was Showing 'Common Courtesy' By Saluting NK General

2 Likes

“…and he was showing ‘reasonable respect’ by giving Vladimir Putin a hummer.”

15 Likes

Oh, FFS, He has never showed anyone “common courtesy” in his entire life.

40 Likes

“It’s a common courtesy when a military official from another government salutes that you return that,” she said.

I don’t think so.

19 Likes

Shorter WH version
We will make up any excuse for any action
SEE: News, Fox

17 Likes

Just what y’all would have said if Obama had done this, right?

33 Likes

The NK General didn’t salute Trump, he extended his hand to shake Trump’s hand. There was nothing reciprocal about Trump’s salute, he was the first to salute. It’s obvious from watching the clip Trump confused the General, what with Trump failing to grasp his extended hand.

17 Likes

Good grief! The ignorance when coupled with the stupidity is almost impossible to bear. And then the boot licking added is thoroughly nauseating.

11 Likes

Exactly. There was no “returning”. Fucking liars.

10 Likes

Looks like they’re out of sync. The General has his hand out to shake, Trump is saluting. they took turns alternating getting it wrong about 6-7 times then both bowed to each other.

7 Likes

Nope, Sarah. Just nope.

13 Likes

I take it the trump white house will use the same approach when it comes to black athletes kneeling? Just a common gesture, right?

15 Likes

Clearly, most people would consider it simple “common courtesy” for the President of the United States to confer respect, legitimacy, and solidarity with an enemy combatant during a continuing and actual state of war with America.

Unless, of course, I slept through the signing of a peace treaty to end the Korean War last week?

28 Likes

Actually, in the full video the general does salute first. See 0:55 seconds.

3 Likes

what?

He fucked up! Just say he fucked up! He’s human (very human, allegedly, people are saying)! It’s okay to fuck up sometimes! Literally no one will take it personally! None of his supporters will deflate or whatever!

But the company line is that Donald Trump has literally never made a mistake or erred about anything in any way, ever. Not even a typo. Not even a stumble getting out of bed on the wrong foot. Not even accidentally hollering out “OHHHHH STORMY” while sexx0ring Melania twenty seconds in (allegedly!) Not even that his best-memory-ever brain can ever even think of. Not one thing ever.

These people, I swear to God. It’s unbelievable. It’s pathological.

7 Likes

Heads of state do not salute another country’s uniformed military leaders.

Trump is a fool and dumb as a bag of hammers.

17 Likes

Actually the General did salute Trump. Here is the vidio. Not that I think Trumps salute was proper.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/policy/international/392241-north-korea-state-tv-airs-footage-of-trump-saluting-north-korean%3Famp

2 Likes

Actually the Korean Armistice has as parties to it the United Nations, South Korea and North Korea.

I stand corrected.

5 Likes

I salute you for that!

5 Likes