Discussion: WH: Trump Asserting Exec Privilege Because Of 'Nadler's Blatant Abuse Of Power'

1 Like

Putin is proud.

32 Likes

How can you assert executive privilege to conceal your crimes?

57 Likes

It looks cheap for the WH to make it about Nadler. They don’t even bother to think of a more righteous reason.

28 Likes

That’s not how they’ll present it in court, of course.

17 Likes

Impeach this MoFo NOW!

32 Likes

Abuse of power!!?! I believe that we have reached Prime Projection.

42 Likes

this is dumb even by Trumpian standards.

I mean, what aspect of executive privilege covers grand jury testimony?

I’ve spent a lot of time reading up on congressional subpoenas and executive privilege, trying to come up with arguments that Trump could use in court to defy Congress that would have a chance of being considered by the courts.

But on this one … I got nuttin. Its insane.

[on edit]

I think I figured it out. Its about Mueller’s testimony, not the report. I suspect that Nadler was ready to announce that Mueller was scheduled to testify. This throws a spanner into the works — and if Mueller abides by it, its an indefinite delay.

34 Likes

To quote the Mafia guy in Johnny Dangerously, “This is fargin’ war.”

12 Likes

I suppose the Supremes will rule 5-4 that both Barr’s and Trump’s previous comments that they would not assert executive privilege are not important considerations…

22 Likes

"munching popcorn… So this should be real quick decision in the courts, It could be on the SCOTUS calendar by the end of next week. Actually, if the district court and appeals court rule in Congress’ favor, SCOTUS could easily just let that ruling stand and be done with it by Next Friday.

11 Likes

This is about as legally meaningful as when one of those sovereign citizens goofs starts up about fringed flags or whatever nonsense they put in their lengthy manifesti cribbed off the intertubes. But what strikes me is the spooky degree of projection. Abuse of power? Seriously? He’s really about a step and a half away from accusing other people of having orange hair swept into a turban to conceal their baldness.

84 Likes

And while this garbage is making it’s way through the courts, Mueller leaves the DoJ officially and testifies.

24 Likes

I think a valid reason would have to be founded in the nature of the material requested, not in the disposition of the party requesting it.

24 Likes

Well, to be honest, they aren’t.

6 Likes

Is it remotely possible that there is something to hide? One thing after another that they are refusing to cooperate on, refuse to comply and lawsuits against.
And, tRump thinks he’s somehow going to skate away from all this looking clean as a whistle.

11 Likes

Asserting an alleged abuse of power to hide a blatant abuse of power? HUH? What a buffoon.

10 Likes

The American people want to see these man hang together, but we can’t always get we want.

2 Likes

Just impeach them all.

2 Likes

Should be. Just like with the Muslim ban, the motivations matter. And undermine whatever legal arguments they come up with later.

But as we saw with that, the Supremes will gift him anything.

I’m really losing hope for the country.

6 Likes