Discussion: WH Spox: On Russia, Trump 'Knows What His Involvement Was And That’s Zero'

10 Likes

So, can we just refer to him as Ø now instead of 45*?

6 Likes

So…

  1. They’re effectively admitting that people on Trump’s periphery are potentially involved in some shady shit.

  2. They’re acknowledging that Trump is ultimately responsible for what goes on around him in his campaign and administration.

  3. They’re issuing a sweeping statement about Trump’s (supposed lack of) culpability that could be contradicted very easily.

This statement has the effect of undercutting his persona as the world’s greatest leader and manager (“I had no idea what my closest associates were doing! I’m not criminal, just incompetent!”) while also voluntarily setting him up as the person responsible for any of the shady shit going on around him and setting a baseline of his involvement that could very easily be overturned, raising even more questions. Honestly, as bad as this administration is, at least it’s worst excesses are tempered by extreme incompetence.

13 Likes

This helped:

8 Likes

I’ll show you my tax returns if you’ll show me yours.

2 Likes

Two GOP reps now calling for his tax returns. They’re scared.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Yes they did and they will squawk like hell

5 Likes

Why doesn’t anyone ask Sean Hannity?

5 Likes

Well, that settles it; Trump’s mouthpiece says he’s innocent. Good enough for me!! Actually the funniest joke I’ve heard all week…I love the smell of desperation.

3 Likes

The same way he rewards his contractors and creditors?

8 Likes

So your story, Sarah, is that Trump isn’t a liar - instead, he’s an incompetent manager who either doesn’t know what his people are doing, or communicates the wrong instructions to them?

Got it. That should play well.

9 Likes

http://twitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/sgt-schultz.jpg

Notink’

7 Likes

That escalated quickly.

Though I suppose one can argue that no matter how quickly it escalates, it wasn’t quick enough.

8 Likes

Because they want to maintain their serenity and sanity.

1 Like

Wow, these words sure sound familiar, I believe they were also said about Flynn and sessions…much more to come…

4 Likes

I am NOT defending Trump, however, this is VERY CEO behavior. He sets a general vision or idea and then “his people” do the work to get his wishes accomplished. He very likely had little to no direct “involvement” but what he wanted or wanted to know was conveyed.

Alas, AGAIN, running a government is NOT running a business. But you’ll never convince Trump of that.

2 Likes

Zero involvement…suuuure. yup mmhhmmmm. I believe that.
Not.
Then why did trump himself ask for the language change in the GOP platform on Ukraine? What about the Russian born CIA/Russian mobster agent Mr Sater who has worked for trump since the 1990’s? Not to mention trump’s Russian loans, trump’s Deutsche Bank loans (that were really shady).

This is like telling me you didn’t wreck the car but you hafta go to the hospital cuz of injuries acquired in a car wreck and oh, don’t mind the totaled car in the yard.

7 Likes

Trump: Putin? Never met the man but I know he loves me and the money’s good.

High time Trump releases his taxes. Unless, of course, he’s lying.

5 Likes

But isn’t he supposed to find out what the were/are up to and implement a change in direction if they aren’t doing the right thing? Or are they already doing the right thing in his lights?