Discussion: WH Implies Staffer Who Mocked 'Dying' McCain Was Betrayed By Colleagues

1 Like

No betrayal. No betrayal.

You’re the betrayal.

20 Likes

Popcorn! Popcorn! Get ya’ hot buttered popcorn here!

5 Likes

One can bet money that Trump sent him out there with explicit instructions NOT to offer any apology!

19 Likes

In private meetings I’ve often commented on how the trains in Nazi Germany ran on time.
Who wouldn’t like that?

12 Likes

What happens in Vegas the White House stays in Vegas the White House.

18 Likes

Raj Shah almost makes me miss Tokyo Rosacea.

Almost.

31 Likes

“Sadler promised her in a phone call that she would apologize publicly. That hasn’t happened.”

Yeah, because Trump got wind of it and forbade it.

15 Likes

Trump set the bar with “shithole countries.” His employees are just following his lead. It’s not as if anyone there is capable of independent thought or has a moral compass.

15 Likes

“Can you explain how it’s being addressed internally?” another reporter asked.

“Obviously, if I explain all that, then it won’t remain internal,” Shah replied.

Shah's reticence is puzzling, as he has on a previous occasion famously asserted the chicken came first.
11 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it, Bob.

10 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many times they claim that Sadler is the victim here, it just doesn’t make it so. :angry:

18 Likes

They are also very upset that people are criticizing Huckabee’s sartorial taste.

Not so much that their staff is mocking a dying American hero, infinitely more patriotic than their boss.

9 Likes

Sarah has a smokey eye for fashion.

10 Likes

“if you aren’t able in internal meetings to speak your mind, or convey thoughts or say anything that you feel without feeling like your colleagues will betray you, that creates a very difficult work environment.”

He’ll regret saying that

McCain’s daughter, Meghan McCain, said Sunday that Sadler promised her in a phone call that she would apologize publicly. That hasn’t happened.

currently Sadler’s pinned tweet

13 Likes

April Ryan asked the big question -Where does decency and morality come into the work place and cited McCain’s service and torture. The response -it is an internal matter. That this is still out there and an issue is pathetic.

19 Likes

I understand that the trumpers do not want us to know how utterly craven and soul-less they are.

So soul-less they won’t apologize

14 Likes

Question for Sarah at the next briefing: are all your internal deliberations this nasty and brutal and jerky and cynical and undignified and moronic and immature and dismaying and disgusting?

(Of course, she can’t reveal the answer because then the deliberations would no longer be internal).

Sarah, a follow-up if I may: could you just blink once if we’re all screwed?

7 Likes

Does this forum count as an internal discussion? If so, time to pull the gloves off.

5 Likes

Well, duh. They had just a scintilla of conscience and outed that goober, just as they should have. The fact that even without this, she is likely a real piece of work in her own right made it all the easier to do.

4 Likes