Discussion: WH Counsel Lashes Out Over 'Outrageous' OSC Demand For Conway Ouster

2 Likes

The rules only apply to Democrats.

Edit: And all poor people.

67 Likes

Can we extend that ‘no right to tell people what to do on Twitter or other social media platforms’ to the President?

16 Likes

She is a federal employee who violates federal laws repeatedly - AND she is a lawyer - she needs to be fired.

72 Likes

Why is this man still allowed to practice law?

24 Likes

To quote a classic: “FOOD FIGHT !!!”

1 Like

I see we’re already at option #3.

If you have neither on your side, pound the table.

28 Likes

I’m my fantasy world, disbarment is fast approaching for all of these grifting criminal scofflaws. Unfortunately I live in this reality.

22 Likes

Running out to the store to get some more popcorn

2 Likes

“He also claims that OSC has no right to tell federal employees what to do on Twitter or other social media platforms”.

Though that part is support for Lynne Patton, I’m also intrigued by this development.

20 Likes

“If you’re trying to silence me through the Hatch Act, it’s not going to work,” Conway said. “Let me know when the jail sentence starts.”

Cipollone’s letter recounts how at 5:00 pm ET the same day, OSC chief Henry Kerner sent him a 17-page report outlining Conway’s Hatch Act violations, while demanding a response by 9:00 am ET the following day.

Cipollone wrote that Kerner’s actions “were prompted” by OSC receiving media reports about Conway’s ridicule.

In what world is Kerner the one doing wrong here? Oh, right. Trumplandia.

25 Likes

Does the NYT have any puff pieces on Kellyanne that are ready to go? Now would be the time. Use ‘em or lose ‘em.

30 Likes

She also needs to be disbarred. There are quite a few current and former members of this administration who should’ve already had their bar cards snatched.

49 Likes

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone should go peel ONIONS as his name suggests, and cry bitter tears over Kellyanne Conjob!

He is clutching his pearls so hard he’s going to crush them! Imagine anyone using Twitter! Outrageous!

14 Likes

Since I’m not sure what value Ms. Conway actually adds to the administration, any sensible President would throw her to the wolves so they could point and say “see! see! we are very serious people who do things right”

But that would show weakness, at least as Trump defines it. Nope, fight back, fight tooth and nail, punch yourself in the dick ten times harder.

17 Likes

That’s gonna be interesting.

See long legs on this one. Anyone accused of a violation is just going to point to her case as evidence that they’re in the clear.

Think Trump just killed the Hatch Act

23 Likes

Watching George Conway’s twitter feed like a hawk …

15 Likes

The Hatch Act does not apply to christian conservatives. It applies only to losers.

14 Likes

It seems to me that a simple work-around would be to have Conway quit as a federal employee and then sign on as a spokesmodel for Trump personally as his lawyers are. I’m sure that would be well within the finances of a wealthy businessman like Donald… oh, wait, never mind.

11 Likes

“If you’re trying to silence me through the Hatch Act, it’s not going to work,” Conway said. “Let me know when the jail sentence starts.”

Not sure silencing was the idea, I think it was firing from the position. And when jail time is imposed, I am sure someone will let Conway know.

22 Likes