Discussion: WH Chief Of Staff Mulvaney Dodges Questions About Pre-Existing Conditions

File under the most unsurprising news I’ve read all weekend.

22 Likes

Mick Mulvaney is a wiggly weasel, just like every other minion of Donnie.

22 Likes

Mulvaney has his own pre-existing condition . . . he is an immoral idiot. (At least dodging the question shows that they know it is a problem for them.)

15 Likes

“Wouldn’t it be responsible to have the replacement there before you take the insurance away from the individuals, the tens of millions of Americans who are relying on it?” Tapper asked at one point.

Mulvaney pivoted again: “I don’t know, would it be responsible for the Democrats to pass a decent bill in the first place? They didn’t do that.”

So the GOP refuses to plan an orderly transition because the ACA isn’t “decent?”

The GOP is the party of spite. This is how they make decisions. “Who can we hurt because we’re pissed at someone?”

38 Likes

Why can’t people just die already?

23 Likes

Being Republican is a pre-existing condition.

16 Likes

Because of the mental condition.

3 Likes

Major Toht has an outline of his new GOP health care plan, right here:

7 Likes

The republican crime party has incredibly horrible ideas yet seems to get away with them. The entire US is pretty much set up to serve the desires of the GOP. Labor is taxed far, far more than capital. States allow abortion to be essentially impossible (despite it being legal). Corporations are allowed to destroy our air, land and water (and endanger our food supply). Women still don’t get paid as much as men. 20 million Americans don’t have health care. The SCOTUS is now solidly right-wing/conservative. Does anyone think the republicans give a shit about their reputation or how they achieved such success? The fact remains, our nation is in the iron grip of republican/conservative ideology and policy, and it’s because the republicans fight dirty, relentlessly and without conscience…and they get their way. The Dems need to learn something from the evil bastards across the aisle.

34 Likes

The irony of the Anti-Choice crowd:

1. Your Zygote has more rights than you do.
  2. But we’re not going to make sure you can get prenatal care if you can’t afford it.
  3. Ditto on the delivery and postpartum care.
  4. Zygote is on its own once it leaves the birth canal.
41 Likes

Shorter Mulvaney: We got nothing because we don’t care … and we’ll blame the Democrats for that and everything else.

30 Likes

O/T…

So, looks like the Saudis did access Jeff Bezos’ phone…

One of these days we’re going to look back on this era in awe at the sheer number of criminal connections…

27 Likes

Mulvaney is the cancer that resides in this administration. He is Trump’s guiding darkness into destroying Democracy in America.

I hope Trump supporters are listening carefully to what this lying nut is saying. What Mulvaney is advocating is PURE EVIL!

Since when have this country ever waited for the courts to rule something illegal, especially health care, before revealing a replacement policy? This is the dumbest shit that I have ever heard!

I only hope the GOPers will soon someday wake up and DENOUNCE all of these LIARS!

18 Likes

I love this exchange, but it needs subtitles.

“Your plans have been bad.”
“So let’s talk about something else!”
“Why don’t you do this sensibly?”
Someone else did something once! Bye!"

I think the measure of effective surrogacy these days is that you don’t burst into tears and run off the set. I know I would.

28 Likes

Hey, CNN… Isn’t it about time you stopped putting professional liars on your shows? You have become part of the problem.

15 Likes

Mulvaney is a tea-bagging slippery snake in the grass, as this video shows. Notables: In the now defunct publically-funded Edenmoor real estate deal, he pocketed $7M, and blamed Dems for its demise. He failed to pay nanny payroll taxes (previous a nominee disqualification) for 4 years, claiming he thought she was a babysitter. At OMB, he immediately tried to cut SS and Medicare, and deficits ballooned… etc.

The only truthful thing Mulvaney said was when he introduced himself to Gary Cohn:
Mulvaney said, “Hi, I’m a right-wing nutjob.”

18 Likes

Republican healthcare plan: Drop dead in the street.

9 Likes

Going out on a limb here. They’ve got nothing.

20 Likes

I imagine he’s going to do his level best to sink the ACA, then slink back to SC to evade responsibility. It’s the Party of Irresponsibility.

15 Likes