Discussion: WH Brainstorms Ways To Smoke Out Op-Ed Author: Lie Detector Tests, Sworn Affidavits

And the aides should all reply in the same professional and mature way the former reality TV show host would:

“No op-ed! No Collusion! No Obstruction! Witch Hunt! Perjury trap!”

20 Likes

I hear dunking works. The ones who sink are innocent. Floaters learn by twitter that they’ve resigned.

26 Likes

there’s always a tweet. always.

23 Likes

I didn’t know that by working for the President one gave up their freedom of speech.

17 Likes

Yeah, but in exchange you get free parking and the occasional ticket to a Baltimore Orioles game.

5 Likes

Whoever wrote the op-ed must have known this was going to happen. Lie detector tests aren’t admissible in court. I don’t know about the sworn statements, it would be nice if one of the attorneys who post here would comment on that. In any case, whoever did it might resign “to spend more time with their family.”

6 Likes

Another idea reportedly knocking around is that senior officials sign affidavits affirming that they did not write the piece, documents that could later be used in court.

This is particularly hilarious. What court? Under what circumstances? These dopes apparently think that they can make up their own “under penalty of perjury” documents, and then have some hapless judge enforce them.

It’s like a bunch of 10-year-olds coming up with the rules for their “no gurlz” club.

35 Likes

In fact, there’s no such thing as a “lie detector.” Any sitting Senator who thinks there is should be laughed off The Hill.

13 Likes

Oxymoron in the headline: WH Brainstorms…

13 Likes

Make them walk over a bed of hot coals. I’ve heard that’s effective for identifying untruth-tellers.

6 Likes

5 Likes

His neediness fairly drips from every letter.

7 Likes

As speculation buzzes both inside and outside the Trump administration about the identity of the anonymous New York Times op-ed author, some officials are pitching extreme methods of sniffing out the snitch, according to a a Thursday New York Times report.

WATERBOARD the Mofos! !!!

26 Likes

I’ll volunteer to write up the memo providing legal justification for doing this.

14 Likes

Fire everyone, start again…

1 Like

Trump has already tried that. The only new hires he can attract turn out to be just as appalling as the ones who got dumped.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but whose brain are they gonna use to brainstorm this effort? Remember who we’re talking about here…

8 Likes

Rand Paul. ‘Nuff said.

6 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t suggest the libertarian solution. In the Libertarian Paradise, all disputes become civil tort suits, and all citizens spend most of their lives in court.

12 Likes