Discussion: Welcome To The Next Big Court Battle Over Trump's Immigration Policies

1 Like

The Republicans policy has for some time been to try and demonstrate to their base that they are making brown people’s life more difficult so that the base may not notice how bad Republican policies are for them as well.

11 Likes

As I understand it, the defendants in the suit are “Heinrich Himmler, Reinhard Heydrich, Adolph Eichmann, posthumously, and their intellectual heirs and assigns in the Executive Departments of the United States”.

14 Likes

Notice how skillfully Trump has moved the mass kidnapping of children and his treasonous activities with Putin from the “above the fold” headlines.

Like the under-reported disaster in Puerto Rico (much worse than Hurricane Katrina), he is trying to fade these stories by burying them under other distracting tweets and headlines.

11 Likes

charging them for the travel costs

Emma Lazarus wrote a poem about this.

7 Likes

The entire Republican Party has become a den of Nazis.

10 Likes

"The Trump administration’s immigration policies have taken a beating in federal court " The United States of America has always had at one of it’s cherished ideals, the idea that we have a, “government of laws, not men.” Watch carefully for the day that Mr Trump tries to overthrow that.

4 Likes

When can we charge these people with crimes against humanity? Seriously, they belong on trial in the Hague.

11 Likes

The entire story is appalling, but for some reason the travel costs item is the one that has caused me the most horror. Imagine how much they would charge those poor people. By the time they finished identifying the administrative expenses for having committed this outrage, they could have an amount that none of us could afford to pay. My guess is that they’re hoping that bleeding heart liberals like ourselves will create GoFundMe accounts so that they can campaign on how we support criminals.
Dante could not have imagined such evil.

13 Likes

###FINALY

Thank you AG WA Ferguson!

8 Likes

“Appalling,” “horror,” and “evil”? I’m with you completely.

It’s easy to compare these actions to what the Nazis did, but we have prior examples in our own history. And now we’re just adding to the legacy our grandchildren have to face.

As for Dante contemplating Trump, I’ll just leave this here:

Courtesy of Francis Caponi (Villanova).

4 Likes

Exactly, distraction…

2 Likes

Already in the works and the REPUG Congress is going along with the approval of those lower court judges that were held up under Obama and green lighted, fast tracked today. All in the name of retaining the Old White Men is positions of power over the poors and those that don’t look like them.

2 Likes

Agreed. This law suit, yay.

And they’re looking into the stuff I really, really want to know. :joy:

5 Likes

That was always simply propaganda. In reality what we have is a lawless oligarchy of wealthy white men.

At what point does this kind of behavior rise to torture?

2 Likes

I’d say when the action cause physical harm to the body or the actions cause long lasting changes in the brain.

1 Like

Based on some reunification videos I’ve seen, we’re already there. Young kids who have been separated from their parents for months seemed almost traumatized by the reunion itself. Just imagine how confused their young minds must be - this PTSD is a long-term problem these families will face.

6 Likes

:anguished:
I predict there will be lawsuits lasting for decades.

2 Likes