Discussion: We Re-Watched The Iowa Fundraiser At Heart Of AG's Trump Foundation Probe

1 Like

“Rat infested bodega” sounds like a racist Trope Josh. NYC has more rats than people and some certainly live in small grocery stores. But I’m surprised that you didn’t catch the implications.

9 Likes

He’d prefer to be at the Fox News debate down the road but had been “treated badly” by the network.

Its amazing that Trump and Megyn Kelly can’t escape each other.

Though he said he was “not here for politics,” he went on to applaud the “unapologetically American” movement Trump started.

“America is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to this planet in its existence and why should I ever say I’m sorry for that?” Walding asked. “Mr. Trump, he says things that may not make you feel good but it’s the better thing for this great country.”

9 Likes

Wow. That picture shows a Trump that disappeared into rolls of fat a while ago. President Fat Bastard.

16 Likes

Yup. He’s a fatso, for sure. On the bright side, he can continue his career as a TV celebrity on the hit NBC reality show The Biggest Loser, after he’s thrown out of office.

9 Likes

I was thinking something similar. Trump’s cognitive decline was marked two years ago, although not nearly as evident as currently, but it’s now echoed strongly in his flesh: bloated, puffy and blotchy skin; slumped posture, even signs of uneven dress and grooming. Obama aged visibly in his eight years, as many presidents appear to in fact, but Benedict Donald’s decline is strong enough it could accurately be called disintegrating.

21 Likes

Wait, why was the foundation involved at all? What was the benefit to not just having it be a campaign event?

14 Likes

Campaign finance rules? The lazy grifters will jump through fiery hoops to snatch a penny away from someone else.

8 Likes

What about the $1 million that Trump claimed to have donated, any proof of that?

18 Likes

Judge Saliann Scarpulla …

Is that a novel spelling of “Celine” or “Sally-Ann”?

1 Like

Because there was already a campaign event that night, the Fox News hosted GOP debate, Chickenshit Trump didn’t want to face black-face Kelly (with blood coming out her whatever). But if he just did a personal campaign event on his own, that would have terrible optics.

A fake vet benefit looks better to the voters that think vets are a “patriotic” prop.

20 Likes

“Futerfas . . . . accurately noted that “every penny” that the foundation took in ultimately went to deserving charities.”

It’s the word “ultimately” that’s the kicker here. Months after the event, David Farenthold of the Washington Post wrote a story that Trump had yet to distribute a penny of the collections to any charity. Almost hours later, the campaign reported the $2.8 million had, indeed been provided. The report failed to note that the distribution had taken place within hours after the Post story hit the media.

40 Likes

noted that “every penny” that the foundation took in ultimately went to deserving charities.

Futerfas conveniently omitted that the funds were only disbursed after Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold discovered that, months later, none of the money had been donated. Indeed, The Trump Foundation (AKA Grifter Central) only gave the money away after they were publicly shamed in the press.

Sound familiar?

BTW It’s because of Fahrenthold’s reporting that the whole sleazy workings of the supposed charitable Foundation as well as the subsequent lawsuit by the NYAG came about.

43 Likes

Trump really hated to part with that million dollars after being called out by the Post. Kudos to Farenthold.

27 Likes

I thought for a minute i was looking at an SNL skit…

3 Likes

Is there any proof that Donald did actually part with a Million dollars.

“In total, the event pulled in around $5.6 million in tax-free donations. Some $2.8 million went to the Trump Foundation, and the remainder was given directly by private donors to veterans’ charities.”

So which pot is Donald’s supposed million dollar donation in? I suspect its in the 2.8 that went to back to the foundation.

14 Likes

Donald Trump makes Silvio Berlusconi seem like a choir boy.

15 Likes

Everything related to Trump and his gang smells like rotting fish. There is so much corruption just waiting like a big white zit ready to be popped. When it happens its gonna be an avalanche of pus.

11 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/24/four-months-later-donald-trump-says-he-gave-1-million-to-veterans-group/?utm_term=.be7918a98bc3

7 Likes

I’m guessing the 2,8 million that A.G. Underwood is trying to clawback is out of the campaign committee, which netted 50% of the take that night.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available