Discussion: WATCH: Rachel Maddow, Santorum Go Head-To-Head Over Gay Marriage

I despise Maddow as much as I despise Hannity for instance, both juvenile blockheads in my opinion.

AND he is not gay. As far as intelligence goes, anyone is entitled to his/her wrong opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s rare to see two people who have an equal chance of being our next president have a chat.

When you are so low in the polls that you WILL NOT BE ON THE STAGE during the first FOX-A-GANDA-SPEECH-A-THON you have to resort to desperate measures.
Appear on a "known Gay Personā€™s Lefty-Libā€™rul Show and get into a shouting match with him/her on your ONLY issue: How ā€œimmoral te gays areā€.
Weak, buddy. Weak.

1 Like

Later lilā€™ frothy Santorum had a big olā€™ chocolate ice cream cone to help settle his frayed nerves:

Wellā€¦Itā€™s certainly apparent that Rick Santorum thinks about, obsesses about, gay sex more than gay people think about gay sex.

2 Likes

Santorum was, however, once exactly spot on about one thing:

Santorum: ā€œWe will never have the elite, smart people on our side.ā€

Santorumā€™s schtick in toto: ā€œI demand the religious freedom to force my religion on you!ā€

4 Likes

Rick ā€” Rhymes with ā€¦ darn, this oneā€™s hard ā€“

1 Like

Kudos to Santorum of going to a ā€œLiburalā€ show to get tricked.

Oh my! Maddow really schooled lilā€™ Frothy Rick Santorum ā€¦

3 Likes

She is the best newsperson on the air. I love Rachell

6 Likes

She didnā€™t trick him. He had to know she would go there.

4 Likes

ā€œa one-note agenda-driven whiny bitch.ā€
You just wonderfully described the Republican Party, except that once in every 7-10 days they change their ā€œone note agendaā€ and whine about something else!
It never fails and just like clockwork on Mon or Tues EVERY week, the Regressive Right-Wing Republicans find another note to whine about!

2 Likes

Do you like anyone?

7 Likes

That was snark, right?
If it wasnā€™t, please name someone with a one hour MSM show, who conducts themselves with a similar level of intelligent, and is less whiny than Maddow?

3 Likes

Lord, she poured 10 gallons of pure schmaltz and tossed a bushel of laurel leaves prior to the main event to trank his lily livered and infamous tushe area into a comfort zone similar to what a diseased cow must enter when arriving at the knackerā€™s yardā€¦

2 Likes

The sad and somewhat scary aspect of this story is that Santorum is not unique in his twisted perception of the role of the SCOTUS in our society.
To paraphrase a famous line from ā€œPirates of the Caribbeanā€, a number of socially-conservative politicos regard the rulings of the SCOTUS as not so much rulings as ā€œguidelinesā€.

2 Likes

Rachel is always polite and generous to the people that she interviews. I suspect the interview went off the rails - it was kind of uncomfortable to watch. Santorum is right that Congress can pass all the unconstitutional laws that they want, but Rachel was saying that the Supremes have the final say on the constitutionality of the laws; it shouldnā€™t have resulted in all that back an forth. But, Santorum needed to make his point that thereā€™s a fight to be had and heā€™ll be leading the charge if nominated. Thatā€™s the MAIN problem with Santorumā€™s campaign is that he canā€™t stay away from social issues and meddling in peoples privacy.

5 Likes

Well, of course you doā€”sheā€™s a highly intelligent, well-informed, thoughtful woman who knows how to get to the heart of major issues and explain them cogently and wittily.

She scares the shit out of weak-minded folks like you.

13 Likes

Alert: thread jacker jacking thread.

8 Likes

At this point I think he is happy to get airtime anywhere.

9 Likes

Nahā€”sheā€™s nothing at all like you.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available