Discussion: WATCH: Muslim Student Gets Mocked At Heritage Benghazi Panel

Discussion for article #224008

“The peaceful majority were irrelevant.”

Bought by the same people who cheered W’s “Bring it on!” and McCain’s “Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran.”

Blame the other guy and just keep it classy.

6 Likes

“All Muslims are not the problem,” said Gaffney, “except when they are.”

4 Likes

“It is time we take political correctness and through it in the garbage where it belongs,” Gabriel said.

“through it in the garbage”?

6 Likes

Brave woman. That turned out pretty much exactly how I expected. A bunch of bullies being applauded beating up on a single muslin woman.

“It is time we take political correctness and throw[sic] it in the garbage”

I wonder how she reacts when you call her a spic c**t. Pulls that PCness out of the garbage in record breaking time is my guess.

4 Likes

You “beet” me to it

3 Likes

That is the face of fascism. Pure. simple. Banal.

3 Likes

The one about political correctness is dumb. Even if you stereotype all Muslims it does not make the problem go away. There are still the extremists groups. You really would just end up punishing 99.9% trying to find that 0.1%that may have done something. Then you start shifting the ratio the wrong way as people get ticked off they are being treated as second class people.

1 Like

same old gØp.

texas.-¿where are you from?

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/12/5896825/a-muslim-reporters-icy-welcome.html?rh=1

3 Likes

Two words: True colors.

2 Likes

Is anyone surprised?

…they don’t follow the program… may not know what it is…they are not the problem…at least not yet…

Ouch, touche Frank, nice backhanded slap to get the others started!

Stay classy, racist teatards

1 Like

I’m in the middle on this. Just because the messengers are a-holes doesn’t mean they’re not hitting on some facts.
Islam is a very machismo-esque religion that easily lends itself to violence and even among some of its milder practitioners can be pretty misogynistic.

1 Like

Yeah, I caught that too. You aren’t a problem yet…but we have our eyes on you. And why are you asking “these” type of questions of us anyway??

1 Like

So is Christianity and Judaism. All of them are based upon a male superiority notion and largely congealed at at time when men were the power…and had absolutely no interest in sharing it.

2 Likes

“I guess it’s me right now.”

Yes! Awesome answer.

1 Like

True enough, and they were also just as violent at one time too. But whereas Judaism and Christianity -with a few fundamentalist exceptions - have mellowed over the centuries, a significant chunk of Islam still seems to be working from a 13th century mindset.

1 Like

“But since you brought it up please allow me to elaborate on my answer.”

“The radicals are estimated to be between 15 and 25% according to all intelligence services around the world.”

There’s nothing worse than someone being condescending while simultaneously pulling “facts” out of her ass.

icymi - Dana Milbank has a good write up of this scene.

1 Like

This is too bad. I was hoping it’d be a bit more “crazy”, transparently so, but I’m afraid not (you only get a hint of that with mention of Benghazi!!!). Many in the country who consider themselves moderate conservative will find comfort in the logic here. And think the young woman was treated gracefully, after the litany of horrors associated with peaceful but ineffectual majorities was trundled out. I don’t agree. But just think the effect isn’t what might be suggested or hoped here. This thing will turn on people in the wrong way. Particularly in light of the gains of ISIS. You can count on Fox loving this, and being the subject of Papa Bear O’Reilly sometime soon.