Discussion: WATCH LIVE: Trump Scheduled To Give Remarks On Shutdown At 1:30 PM ET

12 Likes

Headline should be “Nancy Pelosi dog walks Individual 1”

Trump’s power play utterly and completely failed. The vote yesterday in the Senate (loosing 6 republicans) was a signal to Pelosi that she would win, and someone evidently (see McConnell, Mitch) clearly told Trump the gig was up, and that if he did not cave, the Senate might just buck him and reopen the government anyway.

Trump will now have to deal with a much strengthened Pelosi, who knows Trump will fold like a cheap suit. Trump will also have to think about his advisors (Mulveney, Miller, and Sean Hannity) who advised him really, really badly, and no likelihood of getting quality people in as long as they are around.

Trump can either (a) try to pivot (late, but not never) or (b) go further down the FOX news blackhole. Neither are a winning strategy for him at his point.

16 Likes

Let me guess, he would not be taking questions…

2 Likes

Over at WaPo they’ve said there’s a tentative (short term?) deal without wall funds

Guess Nancy’s done it again. She’s magnificent!!

14 Likes

"In conclusion, I am putting my trust in Nancy — did you know she said it’s ok for me to call her "Nancy “…can you believe it? She’s a magnificent leader…Mitch could take some lessons from Nancy about leadership! Where was I ? Just a minute, let me text Nancy to see if I got this right. Speakerphone? Ok, Nancy…”

7 Likes

Maybe not but you know he is going to run his mouth. He can’t help it…

5 Likes

How long does it take from talking about a deal to ranting about Roger Stone.

In 3… 2… 1…

1 Like

He has the best words. Neither you or I will ever know the burden that carries.

2 Likes

Willing to bitch about CNN and why the FBI is leaking stuff to them.

4 Likes

Deal to reopen the government for 3 weeks (which allows everyone to get paid, stops the bleeding) for discussions about border security. The ATC system starting to crack was the final straw. My (guess) is that the D’s made it clear they would vote for arround $5.7B in “boarder security” funds, which could not be used on a “wall” but that some of which could be used for “enhancements” to boarder crossings and existing fensed areas, using already existing designs. That was the deal to be had. In the past Trump could have claimed a “win” but having shut down the government for over a month, cost about 1% GDP growth, and increased his disapproval spread by about 8-10% (from 10% to 18-20%), there is no way to read this but Trump getting his ass kicked.

17 Likes

SAY IT AGAIN!!!

there is no way to read this but Trump getting his ass kicked.

14 Likes

If Trump says " Speaker Pelosi " , I will purchase a Prime gift subscription!

11 Likes

She never budged an inch and won.

15 Likes

Is this a cheap trick to “deliver” State of the Union speech? Or just to whine about not giving it?

4 Likes

I would be ok with some funds toward a larger wall ……

the one in Rachel Maddow’s studio —

She’s gonna need it —

11 Likes

Trump folds, for three weeks…

Betcha that he leaves for Mar-a-Lago this same afternoon… no need to wait for the paperwork… golf is calling…

10 Likes

Ann Coutler’s statue of Satan is in for an earful.

9 Likes

I’m waiting for Trump to shit all over Lindsey Graham and the GOP once more. I figure there’s a 50/50 chance he’ll do it again, just to give some shits and giggles to Coulter, Limbaugh, and FoxNews.

4 Likes

Can’t watch, unfortunately. Busy watching the roaches mate under my utility sink…

6 Likes