Discussion: WATCH: Fox Host Wonders If Metric System To Blame For Latest Missing Jet

Discussion for article #231507

Watch out Gretchen Carlson…you’ve got competition!

21 Likes

and think about kids watching these clowns - They assume these are the wise adults.

5 Likes

The metric system almost killed me, so she may be on to something. :wink:

11 Likes

Base 10 is very confusing. Everyone knows that 12 inches go into a foot and 3 feet go into a yard and 5280 feet or 1760 yards go into a mile. How many miles an hour are you driving to drive one kilometer? Who knows?

Anyway, everyone knows that the plane was hijacked by organization of time travelers from a future Earth irreparably polluted who are seeking to rejuvenate the human race from those about to die in the past.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Millennium-movie-1989.jpg

20 Likes

Anna is 3 US stupids, works out to 1.136 decamorons.

48 Likes

Always trust what Fox bubble headed bleach blonde says. I call her ms brains in her bra.

3 Likes

“Let’s talk about the differences. Even when we think about temperature, Fahrenheit or Celsius, kilometers or miles. Everything about their training could bow similar but different, right?”

I think she’s a graduate of the Palin Academy of Expressive Speech.

18 Likes

Also: Cities are further away in metric. So the airline may not have put enough fuel in the plane to go the extra distance. Sad.

32 Likes

Tide comes in… Tide goes out…you can’t explain that!

20 Likes

Tomorrow: FOX Host Wonders If Asian Math Nerds Can Fly Passenger Planes

11 Likes

God does it.

6 Likes

Holy Shit! All I can say, to quote Bugs Bunny, what a maroon!!!

6 Likes

So this is a major Fox News “youre all going to die” messaging FAIL. Nice one

4 Likes

“Plus, American pilots have bigger wieners,” Ms. Kooiman added. “True story.”

3 Likes

“Is it not as safe in that part of the world? Because our viewers may be wondering, ‘Is it safe, is it not safe?’”

Because you know how much our viewers get tittilated when they think about the big dangerous world, where foreign pilots aren’t even taught to fly a plane, but just press buttons and look at the bright blinking lights. Thankfully, here in America, we’re exceptional.

17 Likes

Another example of American jingoism, chauvinsim, the feelings and beliefs of people who think that their country is always right.

8 Likes

Not to defend our favorite stooge network but anyone who recalls the Gimli Glider may also recall that among other problems, they may have measured the fuel incorrectly (kg vs. lbs). The pilots had to land the 767 (with passenger) without engine power.

“I don’t understand this whole metric system thing, the U.S. has not fully embraced it, those scary science folks use it all the time … as do all of those foreign (read – nonAmerican) nations … therefore it must be flawed and inherently evil.”

Who needs the satirical comedy writers of SNL to spoof FOX News commentators? They could never equal the shear idiocy and eye-rolling absurdity of the actual source material.

8 Likes

The Stupid is Strong with this one.

6 Likes