Discussion: WATCH: Fox Host Trashes Patricia Arquette's Oscar Speech, Hollywood's 'Absurd Luxury'

Discussion for article #233589

Ah, yes, that very special Republican definition of the word “hypocrisy.” The one where it’s “hypocritical” for rich people to decry low tax rates on rich people because they haven’t voluntarily given all their money to the government or for them to ask for things like pay equity for others because they make a lot themselves.

9 Likes

“True, there may be women in Syria who would have applauded the Oscar’s speeches if ISIS hadn’t chopped off their hands for using cell phones.”

Ah, the shopworn appeal to emotion. What does wanting equal pay for women in the US have to do with ISIS? Is Fox saying that as long as there are terrorists in the world, American women just have to suck it up and stop complaining about how troglodytes like Greg treat them?

11 Likes

So many flaws in his thinking, so little time. For one, wage inequality is the product of gender discrimination. Men dying younger has nothing to do with gender discrimination.

I am surprised he did not say only men get prostate cancer, and this is totally unfair!

10 Likes

While men are more biologically feeble than women (more male fetuses die in the womb), feminists have long believed that the unequal treatment of women put a undue strains on men. As the sole wage earner for a family, a man could not quit when his health required it for example. And indeed “the difference in life expectancy between men and women in the United States dropped from 7.8 years in 1979 to 5.3 years in 2005.”

In addition, men chose to use some of their greater economic resources for such things as nicotine and alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

So I’m assuming that this fine, upstanding gentleman has done just as much as Patricia Arquette to help the disadvantaged earthquake vicitms in Haiti … as well as … oh why the fuck bother. This man is a total waste of human skin.

5 Likes

absurd luxury

Greg’s just upset his purloined Meryl Streep laser vibrator incinerated his orgasm booster…

1 Like

“The bitches on my show never complain!” Mr. Gutfeld later added. “Rite? Amirite?”

1 Like

The fact that this bootlicker has a job is got to be some kind of affirmative action for knobs or welfare for the hard core unemployable jokes.

Greg just STFU!!!

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s a picture I wish I’d never imagined.

1 Like

And of course, one more time, he gets it exactly wrong. Because Arquette is successful she has no right to talk about wage inequality. She should give it away. These are the same ‘guys’ that kiss up to the very rich and tell us how they ‘deserve’ to pay less taxes…and the BS about living longer? Good lord. I’ve heard it all now.

2 Likes

Because one cannot possibly be wealthy and still advocate for social economic justice.

2 Likes

Five words I will never heed:

“Watch the video via Breitbart”

3 Likes

Egads, that’s one hell of an image. :expressionless:

What a strange little (-minded) man.

Yes, guy, Patricia Arquette speaks for all of Hollywood. Noted. By that logic, I take it you speak for all of FOX Entertainment?

Regarding those gift bags, you got any verifiable research to back up that weird claim?

Way to go, belittling a real issue, attempting to somehow conflate/compare the natural fact that women, on average, live some years longer than men to wage inequality. Um, yes, it is true, the women/men death ratio – but you are comparing apples to your stinky socks. Seriously. Did you arrive late, didn’t have time to practice your act and had to wing it live?

Thank you! But, I always thought his name–ergo, the organization he left behind–was Brickshit.

What a catty little shrew. I’m not sure this person isn’t a jealous woman in mens clothes.

Patricia Arquette was not raised like you and me. Sure, she had a white mom, but also had all those commie, anti-colonial influences as a child. And where was she on 9/11 when a building nearly fell on me?

Translation:

‘Absurd luxury’ = Being able to get a job anywhere other than Fox.