Discussion: WATCH: C-SPAN Caller Asks Hastert 'Do You Remember Me From Yorkville?'

Josh Marshall crawling in the gutter again.

Yeah. It’s a shame he has to keep reporting about Republicans.

3 Likes

Maybe the Republicans just ought to practice what they preach?

Makes you wonder about Boener does it not. The guys a flaming drunk, cigarette addicted a-hole. Something is eating at his insides methinks.
Republicans for near fifty years have only done roll playing, none of them are what they put on.

4 Likes

Denny Hastert, MarkFoley, NewtGingrich, DavidVitter, David Ensign, Larry Craig- all burnishing Bill Clinton’s legacy with each encounter…

as noted by Barney Frank…( I added a few names to his list.)

2 Likes

Or “Democracy!” as others see it!

Oh, give it a freaking REST, Freepy!

Today’s GOP is like the Catholic Church. If all the closet cases left them tomorrow, they’d collapse like a house of cards! There would be no one left to make the coffee and plug in the copier!

Balderdash. Not when the Republican’s political career is over it isn’t.

What does his wife and kids have to do with his misconduct that likely happened before he married her? In that case, he should’ve thought of that before he married her, and to the tune of illegal withdrawal of funds to the tune of 3 million dollars? Not an excuse.

3 Likes

Sure, it’s Josh Marshall’s fault, the emperor Hastert has no clothes.
How dare TPM report on the news, it’s not like they’re a news outlet. [eyeroll]

I think your sense of humour need some lubrication…

Hey I am Danish, I want my Dane-gæld.

(Which was the tax the Brits payed to their Danish overlords more than 1000 years agon. You can still find traces of Danish/Germanic in the English language today).

I think she should know if he is gay or bisexual. That’s a pretty big thing. Many men hide that from their wives and just use them to have a family and appear straight. His wife should know if she was “played” as such.

And yes, when a former Speaker of the House gets “busted” for a gay sex coverup, yet took anti-gay rights stances, that’s also a big deal. I don’t care if he is retired, it was only 8 years ago that he was in Congress, and that’s when Republicans controlled things and were pushing very anti-gay legislation and ideas. That total hypocrisy is indeed a huge deal.

1 Like

People in general are hypocrites, but I see your point if it rose to the level where he initiated anti Gay rights legislation. I’ll google his record on that issue.

I disagree that she needs to know about every single relationship he might’ve had before marrying her. It’s really none of her business.

In any case, I doubt he’d be willing to pay 3.5 Million dollars to keep this misconduct or whatever from his wife. He could just confide in her, so not buying the wife concern part. It had to be a minor.

I didn’t say that. I said sexual orientation. If a guy is gay and only gets married to a woman to have kids and look straight, he is running a scam on her. She has a right to know that. And it happens a lot.

Well, since you’re down here in the gutter with the rest of us, all we ask is that you not fart.

There’s no proof he was scamming her or is Gay or bi.
He might’ve been experimenting or who knows. In any case, pedophilia is more about control than sexual orientation.
As the story unfolds we’ll see. But as I said he could confide in her instead of handing over 3.5 million dollars of money that also belongs to his wife and kids to keep a secret that didn’t really need keeping to the tune of 3.5 million $.

She would also want to know if he was a pedophile, right?

You actually think he would pay that kind of money if all he had to do was confide in his wife. Also, this person was likely going public with this if not for the money. Yes, he would pay that kind of money to keep from the public and his wife that he was a PEDOPHILE, I don’t find that hard to believe. Why do you? You really think Hastert wanted to go public and say “hey, I molested kids, and I just want it out in the open, and by the way I am going to tell my wife too…”. No, he was willing to pay to cover that up, and if not for the Patriot Act, he would have easily made the payments and no one would have found out.

Edit: And for record, I fell for your bait. What Hastert did is not pedophilia or child molestation. He had sex with a minor. In cases where the kid is past puberty, sexual orientation is definitely relevant.

So yes, Hastert was also hiding that he was gay or bi, no doubt.

I’d say that would be pretty high on the “my husbands history I’d like to know about” list, yes. It’s astounding people think all this was “cool”, and all he had to do was go public so he would not have to pay. These are VERY serious allegations, and he clearly was willing to pay cash to hide them, and if not for the Patriot Act, he gets away with it.

If I recall, the Patriot Act nailed Spitzer too. Shame, he would have made a great Attorney General.

[quote=“MrComments, post:90, topic:20981, full:true”]
You actually think he would pay that kind of money if all he had to do was confide in his wife. [/quote]

What? No, you thought that and argued such as written in your previous posts that I was arguing against.
Do keep up with the flow of your own arguments, Mrcomments.

So, you’re seeing it my way now? Ok. Cool then we agree.

That was my point all along, scroll up to our initial posts, that his indiscretion had to involve a minor and not an 18 yo as you suggested in the post I replied to. Your initial assertion I argued against was that it could’ve been an 18 yo with which I disagreed. I replied that he would not pay 3.5 million just because of embarrassment to his wife and a political career that had already ended as you had suggested, if it wasn’t pedophilia.
I don’t see a money loving person doing this. It has to be pedophilia with which you now agree.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available