Discussion: WATCH: C-SPAN Caller Asks Hastert 'Do You Remember Me From Yorkville?'

started as a Wrestling Coach. #sandusky

4 Likes

Um, Chammy? Either my irony detector is broken today or yours is. And Iā€™m not sure which.

Brimley would be perfect, but Willam Defoe would own the Creepy Guy role.

2 Likes

Cue theme music from ā€œThe Twilight Zoneā€.

Since dead girls donā€™t call CSPAN, what are we left with? If it happened in high school, Iā€™d blame too much Plato in the curriculum.

12 Likes

Wrestling team, a guy named Bruceā€¦

6 Likes

I smell a sex abuse scandal in the works here.

Although if Bruce was blackmailing Hastert, why is he not also being prosecuted? Last time I checked, blackmail was illegal.

4 Likes

Although if Bruce was blackmailing Hastert, why is he not also being prosecuted? Last time I checked, blackmail was illegal.

I was wondering about the same thing, too.

1 Like

Are you referring to what a former corrupt governor of Louisiana once said about the only two ways he could get in political trouble?

2 Likes

Theyā€™re implying the blackmailer may have been a victim at one time, so theyā€™re likely to let him off the hook. They have the discretion to do this, experts said. So long as he cooperates I suspect and sells out the abuser or whatever Hastert is.

2 Likes

Yes. It smells more and more like a Sandusky deal a-brewing.

2 Likes

He did call in on the Past Transgressions Lineā€¦

1 Like

How does it make us all feel that the third person in line to the Oval Office was blackmailed? What if he had somehow been in that office when this happened? What if the Chinese or ISIL found out about it and started blackmailing him, too? What would he have given them in exchange for silence?

First, Petraeus and now this. Conservative Republicans have way too many family values secrets that could be used to weaken the national security of this nation. They just wonā€™t come out of the closet and admit that they might be human just like the minorities, gays and women they like to abuse and condemn.

This makes all Republicans inherent national security threats. They always cave like cowards and elect to pay up rather than stand up to bullies like themselves. They always take the easy or inept way out. When Dwight Eisenhower left office, the integrity of the GOP left with him. He warned us:

Ike fumed, ā€œIf the right wing wants a fight, theyā€™re going to get it. If they want to leave the Republican Party and form a third party, thatā€™s their business. But before I end up, either this Republican Party will reflect progressivism or I wonā€™t be with them anymore.

ā€œAnd let me tell you one thing. If they think they can nominate a right-wing Old Guard Republican for the presidency, theyā€™ve got another thought coming. Iā€™ll go up and down this country, campaigning against them. Iā€™ll fight them right down the line.ā€

Dwight David Eisenhower, Commander of the Supreme Allied Forces, WW II and President of the United States, 1954

Itā€™s time for the TeaParty and Reagan voters to admit that they were taken in and played fools by a bunch of conservative billionaires who donā€™t have any more respect for them than they do others they feel so superior. And they are cowards who will sell out this nation rather than fight for it.

What have they given away already to other countries that we do not know about?

19 Likes

Thatā€™s Rockville (Maryland?)

1 Like

Probably my in artful way of saying what I meant LOL

What if the Coach really physically hurt the kid or ruined his life covering up his own crimes? Prosecutors have discretion and maybe theyā€™ll charge Individual A too. But looking at the size of the hush money package and the prosecutorsā€™ decision to start with Hastert suggests that Hastert and the prosecutors agree heā€™s the worst guy in this scenario.

6 Likes

Georgia, between Athens (where REM got together) and Macon. Look at it on the map (especially in satellite view) and the lyrics will make more sense.

High school wrestling coach. 3.5 million to an unnamed individual for an unknown reason. Child abuse, maybe?

Yorkville, Illinois.

Are we not doing the exact same thing?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available