Discussion: Wasserman Schultz: Cantor Loss Shows Tea Party In Control Of GOP

Discussion for article #223775

It would have been nice if she had mentioned that Democratic candidate’s name. John “Jack” Trammell.

2 Likes

Sorry, Debbie. We’re all going to hear Sunday that it’s still the year of the establishment Republican. They’ve already written all their stories for the next six months and rewrites are a bitch.

4 Likes

Wasserman Schultz’s statement:

Tonight’s result in Virginia settles the debate once and for all - the Tea Party has taken control of the Republican Party. Period. When Eric Cantor, who time and again has blocked common sense legislation to grow the middle class, can’t earn the Republican nomination, it’s clear the GOP has redefined ‘far right.’ Democrats on the other hand have nominated a mainstream candidate who will proudly represent this district and I look forward to his victory in November.

GREAT STATEMENT! So who’s the Dem. candidate, and let’s see that he wins!

1 Like

I think Jack Trammel doesn’t have a Wikipedia entry or even a website “yet.” Boy is that about to change!!

2 Likes

Boehner doing a mobster voice [coughs into sleeve]: “oh, what a terrible tragedy it is to be rejected by one’s own fambly, tragic indeed, he he.”

3 Likes

LOL they have had some tactical victories against the GOP establishment and it is so nice to take advantage of them.

They brought it on themselves but I see this as a further nail in the republican coffin.

2 Likes

Sadly, not in southern VA.

1 Like

Democrats and Independents who believe in fairness and opportunity for all, get off your butts and vote. We have got to salvage the last two years of the democratic presidency. There’s the jobs bill, the immigration bill, obamacare fixes, VA reform. So much has to be done that will not get done if the republicans stay in control. Especially now with the internal fear of being tea partied out in primaries. Let’s get some big things done and vote democrats in this November.

5 Likes

P.S.! This might have been really clever!

Trammel didn’t run in primary but was slipped in before last night’s deadline, making it look like Dems didn’t have a candidate! The late deadline was only for candidates who had not run in a primary. Discussion buried in comments to following right wing post:

He is a Ph.D. specialized in disability studies and prolific author. Like Brat, he is professor at Randolph-Macon College, outside of Richmond.

2 Likes

Sadly, not in southern VA

Be strong Korvu! Whole lesson of this primary race is that one never knows!

What’s more surprising out of this to me is that a Tea Partier is an economics professor. That’s like Atilla the Hun’s being a computer scientist.

4 Likes

surprising out of this to me is that a Tea Partier is an economics professor.

Oh yeah? Well WSJ assures that he wrote, An Analysis of the Moral Foundations in Ayn Rand. So he’s one of the bleedin’ loons, alright!

7 Likes

OK, now lets see some DCCC action to follow up here.

Smart move for Wasserman-Schultz. Keep beating the Tea Party has taken over the GOP drum. Nationally the TP positives are in the single digits.

1 Like

There is no doubt in it. Mitch McConnell, John Boehner etc. etc. are really really subservient to the TEA. And that is a good trend that Dems will regain 17 this cycle.

1 Like

Nothing about these teabagging brownshirt wannabes amuses me. They are a threat to this nation, this world, and to my children.

Fuck 'em, and fuck the rest of the GOP for catering to these racist, ignorant slackjawed shitheels.

4 Likes

Which jobs bill, the one for unemployed Americans or the illegal alien amnesty.
He lost because Americans do not support amnesty, Democrats will learn or lose.