Discussion: Washington Examiner's Byron York Says Benghazi Hearing Was A 'Bust'

Discussion for article #242106

“So a hearing billed as an epic, High Noon-style confrontation — granted, the hype came from the media, not Republican committee members themselves — instead turned out to be a somewhat interesting look at a few limited aspects of the Benghazi affair,” he concluded. “In other words, no big deal. And that is very, very good news for Hillary Clinton.”

So begins the retreat. First, blame the media. Soon enough, we’ll hear the complaints that HRC ‘deflected’ questions. Finally, Benghazi will assume its rightful place next to the grassy knoll, where we’ll ‘never’ know the truth.

36 Likes

Bust is an understatement. It was a disaster for the GOP and a gift to Hillary. Total fail.

29 Likes

“It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
- Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 5, Scene V

Well, as least we didn’t have to explain to the kids what a blowjob is this time.

Another awkward moment averted.

Thanks, Congress!

24 Likes

Odd, I was saying the exact same thing.

However it did put on display the raging impotency of Gowdie Doodie and his GOTP nimrods.

21 Likes

Side note regarding the hearing I’m hearing commentators say "And Trump is complaining about a (3) hour debate ? ".

IMO Hillary won in so many ways and was up this morning speaking to a Womens Group,You go Girl ! said RESPECTFULLY .

27 Likes

Pictures are worth a thousand I fucked ups.

32 Likes

It wasnt really a bust. It was an opportunity for Hillary to showcase her political skills. Apparently GOP has none. Either way, the world saw the new leader and a clueless opposition.

31 Likes

TPM:

“… there’s a reason Clinton wanted to appear in an open setting, with the whole world watching,” he [Byron York] wrote.

Yes, there’s a reason: it’s because Gowdy’s committee is a bunch of idiotic, extremist, conservative, conpiracy theorist, partisan hacks and Clinton wanted the world to see what kind of moronic, bigoted, bickering she has to deal with on a regular basis from these clueless jackasses of the VRWC.

And we did. Must be kind of humiliating for any Conservative with a functioning cortex, assuming the unlikely possibility that there any Republicans left still possessing a brain.

23 Likes

“he thinks the members of the committee still need certain information from Clinton”
A 12th hour would have solved this??? Effing retards!

5 Likes

I thought that Trey Gowdy looked like he was under the influence particularly toward the end. I wonder whether he is wrestling with a substance abuse problem like John Boehner. He seemed inept, unprepared and ignorant of the issues. He seemed bitter and angry possibly because of his politically extreme leanings.

7 Likes

Even if you accept the GOP goal to embarrass Hillary, by Investigation # 7 (or was it 8?) they should have known it wasn’t going to happen. All they had to do was read the first report (the one that’s actually bipartisan) and then watch a bit of Hillary’s past testimony. It’s obvious that Gowdy didn’t bother.

6 Likes

When the Chairman of the committee says

"This is not political"

Then it is. Politicians are politicians because of politics. Duh!

12 Likes

“Aye, another hour torturing the witch and we woulda broke her. If only those pesky liberals and their damned rule of law hadn’t gort in our way! Arr!.”

2 Likes

Benghazi-where Republican presidential dreams go to die. If they don’t stop this investigation, they’re even dumber than I thought. And that’s a low bar to begin with.

10 Likes

while he thinks the members of the committee still need certain information from Clinton

Seriously? Why didn’t they ask for the information during their 11 hour interrogation?

18 Likes

…if only they had a waterboard…

7 Likes

[***“a waste of time” and “a political spectacle.”***]

What a splendid description of the state of the Republican Party.

24 Likes

the whole republicon party has become a specticule …

1 Like

And because Republicans on the committee are publicly slandering Sid Blumenthal while simultaneously refusing to release the transcript of his interrogation.

10 Likes