Discussion: Warren Won't Completely Rule Out Presidential Bid To Delight Of Journos

Discussion for article #231197

At some point the press will point out she didn’t say “Cross my heart and hope to die!”

So it’s still not a complete denial. Especially if she doesn’t add “Stick a needle in my eye!”

5 Likes

Simultaneously, the MSM is building up a Jeb Bush candidacy to fuel their precious “horse race” punditry. Feh, pooey. I am a big fan of Elizabeth Warren and would vote for her for sure. But seriously folks. On what planet are the “progressives” living that think she could actually get elected POTUS is the current climate we live in in these United States? Not to mention in the downdraft of Obama fatigue? The right-wing noise machine would have a field day with her and she would end up being a George McGovern or Michael Dukakis for our time–maybe even a Howard Dean. Hillary Clinton, warts and all, is at least electable, unless the Democrats choose to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, yet again. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

7 Likes

Yup. Just like the last time she ran.

Inevitable.

2 Likes

One has to wonder about some of the idiots who call themselves “journalists”. This fellow is not reporting news, he is making it. No surprise here: he has lots of colleagues who do the same.

3 Likes

The Mediacracy-fueled silliness about Elizabeth Warren is vexing on certain levels because of its, well, silliness, but silly is far from the worst thing the Media usually does.

The good thing about the silliness is that it gives Warren a bigger soapbox from which to form and spread her message about the need to dilute the power of big corporations, and to continue to enact sensible regulations to prevent speculation bubbles and fiscal disasters, as well as preventing fraud against consumers.

So as long as the silliness keeps the spotlight on Senator Warren, I say “Silly away, Sillies!”

The Preznitdental Elections are coming, and we gotta lot of seats we need to win back for Preznit Hillary (gimme Turkee, pleaze, Preznit Hillary!). The more Warren is out there, forming a strong message of keeping business honest, the better we will do.

P.S. I disagree with Senator Warren on some peripheral issues, but overall, she’s a great asset to our side.

5 Likes

Warren Won’t Completely Rule Out Presidential Bid To Delight Of Journos

Nonetheless. Whether the good Senator decides to run or not?
I like that she keeps her voice in front of as many cameras as possible between now and the time she actually does make her decision.

Less RWNJs. More Sen Warren on-the-air.

jw1

3 Likes

LMCBW.

jw1

Word.

3 Likes

How quickly they forget how lefties jettisoned her to vote for their political messiah. Hillary’s biggest obstacle is the Left, not the right.

Can we create the position of Supreme Court justice czar? How about American financial guru?

I think she’s smart enough to know that she is already in the perfect position to be a very strong advocate for the issues she’s passionate about. If she became President–a very big “If”–she would not be able to concentrate solely on the issues that are most important to her.

4 Likes

Since it would be foolish and pointless for any prominent politician to say “never” in this situation, a more accurate headline would be: Elizabeth Warren Doesn’t Do Foolish Pointless Thing

So why not? Oh, right. Clicks.

5 Likes

Except, of course, that “lefties” never thought of Obama as any kind of “messiah,” and that the only obstacle Hillary faces on the left are those whose search for Purity in a candidate leads them to speak ill of other liberals and Democrats for supporting the most electable potential candidate we have right now—not to mention how those Purity Lefties trash Hillary herself, doing the Republicans’ work for them.

5 Likes

Ah hell, I just have a schoolboy crush on her. C’mon guys, 'fess up. I know some of you do, too.

1 Like

Keep hanging on to that half a loaf. Must be hard as a rock by now. And the next time when they only offer you crumbs, maybe you’ll figure it out.

1 Like

She’s vastly more effective on her issues as a senator than she would be as president. Look at what happened to that bright and shiny object named Barack Obama. Once he got into the White House he became isolated and relatively ineffective since he has disdain for politicking.

1 Like

This is how I see it.
Hillary Clinton - POTUS
Elizabeth Warren - SCOTUS (wouldn’t be great to have her replacing Scalia or Thomas or Kennedy)

Thanks for proving my point.

1 Like

I wish the article provided the readers with a list of “Journos” delighted with Warren’s response. I’m guessing those “journos” are affiliated with TPM.

4 Likes