Discussion: WaPo: Trump Has Referred To Jeff Sessions As 'Mr. Magoo'

I think that would be less true if Trump were to nominate another Republican senator …

2 Likes

Donald Trump is a true Christian…

1 Like

OT, but when it pee’s, it pours…

5 Likes

The Abuser in Chief spoke again. Yawn.

But I am more curious about this:

“For Sessions’ one year anniversary of his confirmation as attorney general, his colleagues gave him a bulletproof vest, a person familiar with the matter told the Post.”

Gag gift or real concern? Really hoping it is a gag, but given this administration, I do have to ask.

1 Like

In real life Magoo was voiced by Jim Backus who also played Thurston Howell III in Gilligan’s Island. Basically an idle wealthy person with a lot of assets but a fair amount of debt. Yet even with those means he could barely function on the desert island without crying to the others for help. Hmm sounds familiar?

4 Likes

16 Likes

I’d say the guy who really needs that vest is Mark Corallo.

He’s ‘got the goods’ on Mangolini/Hicks/Fredo airport message lies.

3 Likes

While observing this administration it occurs to me a helluva lot more babies get dropped on their heads than I previously imagined.

10 Likes

Sessions will endure a tsunami of humiliation from Drumpf because Jeffie’s sacred cause is incarcerating as many black people as possible. He’s doing all he can to encourage police to harass, beat, arrest and otherwise terrify minority communities, so he’s not going anywhere. And, we all know he has truckloads of dirt on Trump, so Trump won’t fire him.

2 Likes

I guess it makes the ugly fat slob Trump feel better about himself to insult other people.
Not that I have any sympathy for Jeff Sessions.

1 Like

Upholding tradition is supposed to be a good thing, no?

That didn’t work out so well for the Republican majority the last time he did that, but hey, he should go for it.

Precisely.

1 Like

He’s trying to get Sessions to resign so he can get an accomplice to take control of Mueller.

2 Likes

Cream and sugar please, with a double shot of whisky. Heck, bring the bottle along. Thanks.

8 Likes

We can only hope the explanation is as innocent as that.

4 Likes

Well, I can’t see any republican accepting the nom, so it won’t happen.

Darn.

1 Like

Tom Cotton would accept it in a heart-beat.

8 Likes

There are plenty of Republicans that would view the job as a perfect vehicle to take the nation back to 1922. Strip gays, blacks, immigrants and women of as many rights as possible and stuff them all back in the closet. Then get to work on all those stupid rules about lead, mercury and other poisons and pollutants.

1 Like

I forgot about him. That’s a real step down, and I thought Sessions was bad.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available