Discussion: WaPo: Mitt Romney Is Getting The 2012 Band Back Together

Discussion for article #231986

Wow - Romney, Tim Pawlenty and Scott Brown. There’s a team of winners!

15 Likes

With three moderately insane rightwingnuts vying for the moderately insane Republican vote, the totally insane rightwingnuts may actually have a chance at taking the nomination in 2016.

9 Likes

Where is Mitt calling home these days?

3 Likes

Wonder if that means he’ll actually be paying taxes for the next year or two.

5 Likes

Isn’t this the same guy who at various points in 2012 found himself losing to Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santurum, and Newt Gingrich?

He only won after Republicans decided the others were just too crazy. They never wanted him as their nominee. He needed an almost perfectly incompetent field. Shouldn’t that be part of the calculus?

How inside the bubble do you have to be to think that a Netflix documentary that was watched by three reporters from Politico, a couple thousand people in Utah, and a few former staffers changed anything?

14 Likes

You would have to ask his tax attorney.

8 Likes

Looking forward to the son of a former President and the son of a former Governor of Michigan/CEO fighting over who is more in touch with the middle-class. Pass the popcorn…

9 Likes

Harold Stassen

4 Likes

I think that if Paul Ryan would have run for POTUS Mitt Romney would have stayed out. I do think that Mitt Romney believes he can win the nomination and the general election against any democrat because of the GOP hate for President Obama. The problem for all republicans is 2016 will not be 2014. I think that democrats will come out to vote in 2016. If Hillary runs as a populist favoring a raise in the minimum wage, free community college for two years, equal pay for women, tax cuts for middle class she will win.

4 Likes

You feel the heat…the mojo…the buuzzzzzzzzZZZ…zzzzz…

5 Likes

eee okay, so mitt wants to come out and play with the big boys again. That can only mean that there is money to be taken under the pretense that if the business, “economy” is in reasonable shape, time to bust it up, steal all you can, fire everybody and run the rewards to another country to evade taxes. Now there is a winner of an idea.
Sound familiar???

5 Likes

Harrumphf!!! This wasn’t even a duo scheduled for the 2-year no touch, slo-dance marathon!!! Christ Almighty, does anyone care how much radio cash Huckabee’s already spent on sequins and shapewear??!?!?!?

3 Likes

That’s what I’m banking on. They’re going to split the establishment vote and hand the thing to Rand Paul or Huckabee or someone with virtually no chance of winning a national election.

8 Likes

The man is clearly not stupid - but put him in a situation where he has to think on his feet and appear to be genuine and actually concerned about the well-being of less prosperous individuals - and he comes off like the biggest arrogant simpleton in the country.

13 Likes

I prefer my “Pie in the Sky” to be cherry. And if, and if, and if, and if…

1 Like

Benghazi!

Oh, please, please, please-his run will be a gift to comedians and Democrats!

1 Like

I’m trying to work out what his pitch to GOP voters will be, what he could possibly say to them to convince them to give him another shot. If I don’t resort to snark, I draw a blank.

5 Likes

Who?

2 Likes