Discussion: Virginia Democrat Wins Primary Even After Jail Time For Teenage Sex Scandal

1 Like

Damn… With that kind of luck, he should move to Vegas.

9 Likes

The legacy of James Michael Curley lives on.

1 Like

His bio on the legislature’s website must be interesting. “His wife Brytney enjoys spending time at lacrosse practice, decorating the gym for Homecoming, dyeing her hair various vivid colors and Snapchatting with friends in her spare time.”

12 Likes

Roy Moore must be so friggin’ jealous, and screaming, “IOKIYAD!”

12 Likes

sexual relationship with his 17-year-old secretary when he was 56

In Virginia, that is (statutory) rape – and that is what it should be called.

@kate_riga

8 Likes

LOL…idolizes Kim Kardashian, listens to Bieber and thinks impeachment is when you put peaches in your soy yogurt…

6 Likes

Gee, I believe in some states they’d be forced to get married.

1 Like

Honest to God I have no idea what 17-year-olds do or think about. Might as well be doing what they do on the dark side of the moon.

ETA I remember once taking the bus into the city during one of the car breakdowns that were endemic to my youth and chatting with a young woman in the next seat. She was 17, and at one point asked me my age and I said 27 and she just started at me, her eyes widening at the idea someone could be so, so old and not yet be stooped and wrinkled.

(Sigh.)

9 Likes

Good for him. 18 as age of consent is ridiculous. Clearly, this was something much deeper than a matter of taking advantage.

1 Like

For the ones who don’t live in Va. Read it and wheep

2 Likes

Is this a story of redemption, or stupid voters?

2 Likes

Um, take a guess. He ran for Mayor here, runs for everything. Piece of shit. But apparently popular with the apparently large DUMBASS constituency.

2 Likes

Well, certainly the moral of the story, the lesson we can learn, is—um—huh.

3 Likes

Richmond voters love him for some reason

Resigned his seat and ran for it as an Independent and won
RICHMOND, V.A. (WRIC-TV) - Joe Morrissey, a former Virginia lawmaker who used to spend his days at the state Capitol and his nights in jail, won a contested primary in his bid for a state Senate seat on Tuesday.
Morrissey, who was accused of having sex with his teenage secretary in 2014, defeated incumbent state Sen. Rosalyn Dance in the Democratic primary for a Richmond-area state Senate race.
Morrissey was jailed four years ago after a sex scandal involving a teenager, who Morrissey later married and had three children with.

He denied wrongdoing but entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, acknowledging that prosecutors had enough evidence for a conviction.

3 Likes

Richmond, where I reside, has the second-highest number of evictions in the country. Fun fact! Ugh, all too depressing today.

Three kids in 4 years. DAY-amn.

Young, barefoot and pregnant

1 Like

Aside from the age, he was her boss. Ick on so many levels.

1 Like

I feel really sorry for those kids in a few years when they figure out what happened.

1 Like