Discussion: Virginia Dem Responds To Teen Sex Charges With F-Bomb On Live TV (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #224566

Protip: Avoid dropping the F-bomb on live television when defending yourself against charges of sex with a minor.

17 Likes

Well, he’s a goner. Chalk this one up to a loss. Can’t VA Dems field a better candidate for this district? Come on now…

4 Likes

A Virginia delegate dropped the f-bomb on live television Tuesday…

{sigh} Well, considering this is Joe Morrissey, that doesn’t surprise me one bit. This is, after all, a guy who as a prosecutor got into a fistfight with another lawyer right in the courthouse.

Morrissey has done some really boneheaded things in his career, but I was still completely shocked when I heard about his indictment on sex charges on last night’s news. I didn’t think even Morrissey was stupid enough to entangle himself like that, but maybe he’s more like Anthony Weiner than I realized.

Extended coverage in the Washington Post.

6 Likes

I guess “hackers” are the new “drug-crazed hippies” or “male negros” who seem to always commit the crimes that other folks are accused of.

8 Likes

What the hell is wrong with Virginia Democrats? First the idiot letting his resignation be bought off, now this?

3 Likes

You sure this guy isn’t a Republican?

2 Likes

For the record, the age of consent in Virginia is 17.

1 Like

I wish I knew the answer to that. Not so long ago, elected officials in Virginia’s state government were a pretty dignified and respected group. But it is increasingly becoming a clown show there, the same way it is in so many other places.

2 Likes

I hate idiots. It doesn’t matter what party they belong to.

1 Like

Perhaps, but if you’re a politician, the Age of Commonsense should rule…and it’s a lot higher than 17.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where you saw that, but for the most part, the age of consent in Virginia is 18. There is a “close in age” exception to that “which allows teenagers aged 15, 16 and 17 to engage in sexual acts, but only with a partner younger than 18.”

http://www.rsolvirginia.org/age-of-consent/

2 Likes

I suspect Morrissey was thinking like a 15 year old, at least.

Might even believe he’s a 15 year old while he’s going to work on his secretary too.

1 Like

And that would probably be a step up in maturity for him.

2 Likes

Heaven knows he’s miserable now.

5 Likes

It’s OK, his misery is only going to get worse once he gets introduced to the boys in the joint.

Bushy-haired stranger… http://everything2.com/title/The+Bushy+Haired+Stranger

1 Like

Yes, with the added bonus that hackers can be both drug crazed hippies AND male negros, so it really ties it up nicely.

1 Like

This guy sure has a problem articulating himself. For somebody trying to tell his story in front of some cameras, he is sure stumbling for words. “Look, I didn’t do it, she’s lying, she hacked my phone and other phones, as well.” How hard is that to say? And he is a lawyer? Yikes.

Did the receptionist wear one of those Admit it. You’d go to jail for this! t-shirts we often see advertised on TPM?