Discussion: Videos Show Erdogan Supporters Beating Protesters At NYC Speech

1 Like

So it was a Trump-style rally. Cockholster must be very jealous.

11 Likes

“Multiple individuals protesting Erdogan during an event organized by the Turkish-American National Steering Committee were dragged out of the event by security guards. Videos showed the protesters being kicked and punched in the head…”

Bertrand Russell: “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: ‘The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair.’ In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.”

And of the Trump administration and its allies.

18 Likes

Asked about a May incident in which Turkish security guards beat peaceful protesters in Washington, D.C., Trump said Thursday: "We’ll be discussing many issues Don’t worry, I’ll be paying the security guards’ legal fees.”

FIFY!

7 Likes

I wanted to fight some small man and lick him.

— Henry Adams, 1863

1 Like

Who, as you correctly insinuated, do not belong to the human race.

1 Like

Nipsey Russell: Pro and con are opposites, that fact is clearly seen. If progress means to move forward, then what does congress mean?

8 Likes

Rosalind Russell: Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for Duterte’s visit!!!

6 Likes

A swarthy version of any run of the mill Tramp rally.

And, as an English speaker, the man behind the podium equally unintelligible.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Jack Russell: Arf!

5 Likes

Kelly is a gold star parent; he knows what anguish is. Yet it seems like he’s been worn down to a nub less than two months into his job as CoS.

8 Likes

I think we should all makes bets on much humiliation General Kelly can take.

8 Likes

While she spoke the line, it was written by Patrick Dennis, who wrote the roman-a-clef Auntie Mame.

5 Likes

Donald Trump, who lavished praise on Turkey’s leader, despite global condemnation of Erdogan’s heavy-handed crackdown on dissent in his country

Despite? Or because of?

“We have a great friendship,” Trump said of Erdogan.

…and then he knelt down and unzipped Erdogan with his teeth.

3 Likes

The following add appeared on my screen beside Erdogan’s picture. Can we just get him and Trump a couple of whatever product this is and maybe they’ll retire to a private room and admire each other instead of bothering the rest of us?

Of course Trump & Erdogan are great friends - to the extent such people can have friends. They’re
both authoritarian thugs with no regard for free speech who love - and I mean love - ordering their security details and random supporters to assault and beat people who disagree with them.

1 Like

And in real life, Rosalind Russell was a Republican - friends with the Eisenhowers and the Reagans.

It’s something I try not to think about when I’m watching His Girl Friday.

1 Like

Extraterritorial fascism.

1 Like