Discussion: Video Shows California Deputies Beating Man Who Allegedly Stole Horse

Discussion for article #235208

This makes me sick. The horse (who kicked the deputy) at least seemed to get who was out of control.

13 Likes

That’s just fucking insane. Every single one of them should lose his job immediately and then face charges. Period. End of story. No questions asked, no disciplinary proceedings necessary, do not pass go, do not collect pension, fuck your union contract, here’s your orange jumpsuit, see you at your arraignment.

19 Likes

This is disgusting and so unnecessary.

4 Likes

It makes me ill. Especially living here in California where we seem to have the most aggressive law enforcement agencies. The Sheriff’s Dept is noted for its brutality, Sickening

4 Likes

Yeah but don’t hold your breath

2 Likes

Hard to hold my breath while doing all this outraged yelling hehe

2 Likes

Cue the Fox News narrative of this video being proof that the issue of police brutality has no racial component…

6 Likes

“the move was ‘ineffective due to [Pusok’s] loose clothing,’”

Complete Bullshit. You can see him react to it.

1 Like

Hey to all you white folks out there who are fine with this when the suspect is black.

You’re next.

14 Likes

And no doubt these jack-booted thugs were all yelling “stop resisting” while committing this aggravated assault. They do this because they get away with it.

8 Likes

It should be fairly obvious to anyone who cares to think about it but it occurs to me that police see everyone else as a potential threat. After all the various videos recently that view point seems less and less extreme to me. The think blue line under threat from those they’re supposed to “protect and serve”. I don’t have the statistics but it sure seems that there are a lot of brutal police actions that are never reported, or at best poorly reported.

4 Likes

My favorite part of the video is when some of the officers have to move out of the way so they can allow other officers to come in and get their licks.

2 Likes

I hope the two dehydrated cops were okay!!!11!!

5 Likes

Good on the horse!

7 Likes

The only surprise here is that the cops beat the shit out of a white suspect who was unable to defend himself.

7 Likes

Favorite part??

1 Like

Example of Thug-w-Badges and just another example of not trusting police as far as this 69 year old with cancer could throw them…

7 Likes

Seems like we’re living through an epidemic of police brutality in the media - but as difficult to endure and tragic as it is, it’s also necessary. This sort of thing has been going on for too long - exposing this ugliness on a wide scale can help make it go away for good. Though that process will surely be slow, gradual and fraught with more pain.

3 Likes

The deputies then took the horse into custody, and are charging him with attempted murder, resisting arrest, taunting, and lack of proper respect. They’re also contending that the horse tried to grab their taser.

15 Likes