Discussion: VIDEO: Police Celebrate, Joke After Allegedly Beating Man At Traffic Stop

Discussion for article #235688

Dropped charges? Indicted cop? Resignation? Investigations? It’s like I’ve fallen into a parallel universe where the police hadn’t descended into a thuggish police state mentality due to thirty years of “take the handcuffs off the police” mentality from the courts and politicians and the rise of a one percent doctrine mentality in training and procedure.

Of course, it took this tape to undermine their claim that the man they beat up had screamed “I’ll kill you” and the man’s claim that they planted a bag of crack in his car (one of the cops was previously indicted and acquitted for planting evidence). Until then, the prosecutor was standing by them.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local-4-defenders-violent-traffic-stop-in-inkster-caught-on-tape/31986806

27 Likes

Have Inkster MI legal seen the tab in Ferguson MO?
Maybe getting out in front of the civil liabilities as best they can?

jw1

7 Likes

Don’t worry, guys. These are just a couple of bad apples. The real creep was the guy that was beat senseless by these cops - he probably even stained their uniforms with his thuggy blood.

11 Likes

Probably the issue at heart-- as I have little doubt they’ve long had thuggy blood on their hands.

jw1

8 Likes

Surprised one of the charges they filed was not destruction of public/police property, blood can be hard to get out of clothing.

5 Likes

And most likely as no angel…

1 Like

Just another step to the coming authoritarian torture state.

2 Likes

…They did the best they could…after all they didn’t have BillClinton’s sleeve to wipe their hands on.

3 Likes

There has to be zero tolerance for police misconduct. It is nice to see that they are starting to realize that there will be consequences but It is way past time for this accountability but we must keep the pressure on them to start serving and protecting and not treating us like the enemy.

3 Likes

“Allegedly???” What in the fucking fuck?

“TPM is allegedly a media vehicle providing allegedly accurate coverage of current news of interest to progressives.”

2 Likes

Do you have any idea on the dry cleaning costs to get blood out of Police uniforms these days? The punk had it coming to him one way or another.

The video wasn’t originally included in footage turned over to Dent’s defense, according to WDIV.

I’d be interested to see just how the defense got the footage in the first place? Was the defense thinking this through and make a very specific public records request or was there someone in the PD with an actual consience?

6 Likes

Anyone who’s watched The Last Word lately has seen this video, and the writer wouldn’t be wrong to just say the beating, and chokings and brutality at this point. Maybe he thinks it’s “alleged” until it gets to courts and sentences are handed down.

2 Likes

Thank God for videotape. Some of these cops are totally out-of-control. There are plenty of good cops – and they have to start demanding higher standards of their fellow officers. No more of this blue wall of silence crap. Do your fucking job and uphold the law. Even when your fellow officer is breaking it.

9 Likes

“After seeing the video, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy dropped charges that had been brought against Dent and instead brought charges against one of the officers who had allegedly choked and punched Dent in the head during the traffic stop.”

Credit where it’s due: he/she (not sure on “Kym” with a “y”…or, heck, Kim is also a boy’s name haha) made the right decision, and I hope that officer gets a royal assfucking in court. This is why the watchers need watchers and badge-cams should be mandatory. It forces folks to do the right thing and hold these jackbooted authoritarian bullies accountable for their thuggery.

5 Likes

The video wasn’t originally included in footage turned over to Dent’s defense, according to WDIV. After seeing the video, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy dropped charges that had been brought against Dent and instead brought charges against one of the officers who had allegedly choked and punched Dent in the head during the traffic stop.

I applaud Prosecutor Worthy, who lives up to her namesake, though I am clearly still sleeping and when I wake up this will surely fade away as all dreams do…

1 Like

It’s not a real city. It’s Inkster, which is to Detroit as Ferguson is to St. Louis. SOS.

Cops are bastards.

1 Like

White cops, no matter what crime they commit, will never be sent to a standard prison. They wouldn’t survive a week and the justice system knows this. I wouldn’t be surprised if continued police brutality revelations lead the criminal justice system to create prisons exclusively for ex-cops. Such prisons would enable them to survive while they serve out their term. If such prisons are not created, look for brutal cops to simply be fired and forced to pay a fine or in some cases to get no more than misdemeanor time which is typically served in a somewhat safer county jail.

1 Like

The right-wing, cop-centric meme that this is rare or that it’s just a few bad apples has pretty much unraveled at this point. The police union reps and RWNJs will continue to mouth their talking points, but there’s little receptivity any more for their bullshit.

2 Likes