Discussion: Vegas Gunman's Girlfriend Greeted By FBI At Airport When Returning To U.S

She came back – a brave choice, given the public’s desire to vilify someone (alive) for a tragedy like this. I hope she had no clue of his plans, as her sisters claim.

1 Like

I was thinking that myself.

Twenty three weapons and a dozen bumpstock devices. Which presumably were on twelve of the weapons.

That explains that mystery. And now I’m sure Congress will get right on banning those things.

2 Likes

A lot of really odd stuff with this shooting

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/marilou-danley-used-two-ssns-was-married-to-two-men/

1 Like

I hope this as well, but I’m not confident it will matter. We’re always really good at saying ā€œthere’s no way she couldn’t have known,ā€ and she’s already been ā€œoutedā€ as the woman who was telling everybody they were going to die ahead of time, despite there not being any corroborating evidence that it occurred and, of course, the obvious part where she was out of country at the time. I worry for her.

To me the motive would be obvious. He was mad at the casinos or at one casino and wanted them to pay. The one thing that nobody seems to talk about is the 2012 lawsuit he filed, and obviously lost. The shooter said he was physically and mentally hurt. Maybe he held a grudge that whole time and it built up. That would be years he was planning something to get back at the casinos.

Clemente said a ā€œpsychological autopsyā€ may be necessary to try to establish the motive. If the suicide didn’t destroy Paddock’s brain, experts may even find a neurological disorder or malformation, he said.

He said there could be a genetic component to the slaughter: Paddock’s father was a bank robber who was on the FBI’s most-wanted list in the 1960s and was diagnosed a psychopath.

Wow. Autopsying the brain? Folks are really going all in to deny this murderer was responsible for his own actions.

I can’t help but wonder if he was a different race would people be bending in pretzels to explain the killer’s actions like they seem to be doing in this case

3 Likes

The question is: How will Donnie make this all about him?

1 Like

he slipped on the floor and spent 5 years planning revenge ? Yeah, right !

No. The UT Tower shooter back in the 1960s had a significant brain tumor that may have played a role in his actions. This isn’t about exonerating him; it’s about understanding how this happened.

He had no prior history of any violent crimes and suddenly became a mass murderer at age 64 for no apparent reason. That’s highly unusual. A recent neurological problem like a brain tumor could have been the cause.

Charles Whitman, who also had no history of violent behavior, killed 14 people in August 1966 for no reason. On autopsy they found he had a tumor in the amygdala of his brain. The amygdala is the brain’s center for fear and rage so it’s quite possible that a tumor there could turn a normal person into a homicidal maniac.

Or he was just peeved at his girlfriend and sent the money to implicate her.

Sorry – but I think you are losing perspective. An autopsy of the brain is is not some racial privilege nor will it absolve the killer of moral responsibility. When a person goes so berserk so spectacularly after 64 years of life, it warrants a thorough investigation as to motive and cause – and that includes possible brain disease. It may end up providing no answers, but still, it needs to be followed through.

I guess there’s a lot of perturbed people on the RS thread about how its not that unusual to have two different SS#s and not having one’s divorce finalized after years of being separated…but it does seem particularly shifty imo to have a birthday listed 7 years apart in regards to official registered records out of two different states. That seems really strange. I can see getting one’s birth year confused by a year or two without adequate birth records, but 7 years? What’s up with that?

I should add, do her sisters know how old they are for instance, as well as how old she is, and their respective birth dates? Be interesting to get their explanation.

Yes, I think it’s the right time to remind people that October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

I read one of the Rawstories @dickweed linked too. I know the two SSNs and marrages look weird, but considering her first husband is 20 some years older, I wonder if she came over as a mail order bride and ended up bouncing around. And, remembering other mass shootings, the perp typically has a history of domestic violence.

Apparently the barista’s at Starbucks remember the shooter, they didn’t like him when he came in and he was usually horrible to her in public. God knows what he did in private then.

The abuse would come when she asked to use his casino card to make the purchase, Mendoza said. The card enables gamblers to use credits earned on electronic gambling machines to pay for souvenirs or food in the casino.

ā€œHe would glare down at her and say — with a mean attitude — ā€˜You don’t need my casino card for this. I’m paying for your drink, just like I’m paying for you.’ Then she would softly say, ā€˜OK’ and step back behind him. He was so rude to her in front of us.ā€

Well Josh had pointed out a lot of strange stuff with the shooter and his girlfriend similar to other stuff I’d seen before like with him trying to get a high level suite overlooking some rap concert but the room was booked and then I see this…hmmmm…seem like more than just a guy that suddenly lost his shit, seems like something has been going on for a while.

1 Like

A big part of me believes there is absolute truth to that statement, but understanding this man’s motivation that led to this horrific event is a necessary function of a proper investigation.

Josh Marshall has speculated and wondered himself how he actually made his money from all available reports so far, since even those don’t add up at this time. I personally have wondered if he’s living off the proceeds of stolen bank money his father buried somewhere when he was convicted…That’s how nuts and out on a limb I’ve let my imagination go with this story. I’d like to know how his dear old dad made it to the top of the FBI list. Did it mean he got away with loads of cash in the process of robbing banks, and was it all accounted for? So many awful and yet unknowns about this guy.

Yeah. His work history doesn’t seem to add up either…at least not yet.

1 Like