Discussion: Valerie Plame Launches Congressional Bid In New Mexico

I guess early here in her candidacy the most pressing question is, what will Trump’s nickname for her be?

7 Likes

I bet her nickname for Trump is a lot more clever.

19 Likes

Didn’t bother reading the article but she seems like she would have a lot to offer as a Representative. I hope she wins. Then she can go to Congress and give those GOP fuckers that defended her outing as a CIA operative a real piece of her mind. She will be a real asset to a Democratic caucus if she gets elected.

Maybe she can be seated right next to Liz Cheney and put gum on her seat when she’s not looking.

28 Likes

Best of luck to her.

9 Likes

I prefer a nice, sharp tack.

5 Likes

Beats a whoopie cushion. And I suspect its too late in life to pull her pigtails.

6 Likes

What amazes me is that I had to Google to find out she’s running as a Democrat. (I did not take this for granted; the Plames used to be Republicans.)

6 Likes

It is good to see her getting into politics but she is going to have a helluva tough time running against Ben Ray Lujan, Deb Haaland and other established and favored New Mexico pols.

1 Like

After what the Rethugs did to Joe Wilson and Plame, that was probably the final straw. As a career diplomat and a career CIA agent, they usually don’t declare their political party preferences, I would think.

6 Likes

Not familiar with N. Mex. politics but I know its recent history has been as a reliably blue state. Its probably hard to run there as a Republican in most areas where they have any kind of population center to it.

3 Likes

For obvious reasons Valerie Plame never made much of her political leanings but she was always more left than right. In 2016 she endorsed Mrs. Clinton.

Joe Wilson’s family was Republican but he was radicalized by the invasion of Vietnam and eventually became a full-fledged Democrat, even endorsing John Kerry against Bush.

6 Likes

I had to Google to get more info - Ben Ray Lujan is running for Senate. Would be great to learn more of Plame’s policy positions.

3 Likes

Valerie Plame’s decision to run for Congress makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Geaux, Valerie.

4 Likes

isn’t Joe Wilson famous for shouting ‘you lie’ during one of Obama’s state of the union speeches?

Different Joe Wilson.

8 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see where she stands on the issues

She could tell you but then she’d have to kill you.

5 Likes

She needs to explain her juvenile attacks on Obama when he was running against Hillary and her ties to that douchey and politically bizzare website no-quarter. This went beyond primary sharp elbows and was definitely birther curious.

2 Likes

Plame will be running for Ben Ray Lujan’s seat in the northern district.

2 Likes