Discussion: USDA: We're Giving Farmers $12 Billion For 'Unjustified Retaliation' To Trump Tariffs

1 Like

Now God help you, farmers, when the justified retaliation starts because then it’s see ya wouldn’t want to be ya! Seriously don’t worry. Uncle Donald will take good care of you until he decides he’s bored with that. Then it’s see ya wouldn’t want to be ya! Nobody knew macroeconomics was so complicated!

34 Likes

This may be the worst possible scenario for the red ag states. They get a little bit of temporary help that won’t do anything in the long term. They lose out on international markets and the non-ag states start wondering why they should help prop up the red states. If the repugs lose control of the House, the ag states better not hold their breath waiting for additional economic assistance to make up for lost foreign markets.

27 Likes

This is akin to his “look what I’m going to blow up…what’ll you give me to not blow it up?” negotiating tactic. Sort of the other side of the coin: “I blew all your shit up, but I gave you some stuff to make it better, so you should thank and worship me for it.” In psych terms, it’s the “love-bombing” part of the narcissistic abuse cycle, which is what follows a round of abuse in order to rope the abused person back in.

They’ll fall for it. Guaranteed. And he’s using it for the mid-terms, because (a) these fucking idiots will indeed be thankful that Magnanimous Trump came to their rescue and (b) Trump is doing what they wanted and they see this all as part of their own sacrificial contribution to telling the world to fuck off like they’ve always wanted as part of their couldn’t-possibly-fail fantasy plan of creating a white Christian homeland that rules the planet.

31 Likes

When Ron Johnson and I are on the same page we’ve all officially arrived at our new home: cray-town.

43 Likes

I’m doubly pissed.

The fact that Tax dollars are being wasted because the Dotard can get away with his Small Hands narcissism, but equally, how the hell can he unilaterally expend that kind of our money?

I’m sure our perfidious Congress will be passing legislation to prevent this expenditure.

And I’m sure as well, the Pull Yourself Up By Your Bootstraps, salt of the earth types, would never countenance such Government welfare.

Yes I know, who am I kidding.

31 Likes

So the USDA is also part of Trump Russia. Or is it Russia Trump?

7 Likes

OT but this is deliciously funny: The Russians said it was nice of Trump to invite Putin to Washington but he’s really very busy and maybe he and Trump will bump into each other at meetings and so forth. OUCH OUCH OUCH that’s cold, man.

40 Likes

Where is the requirement for farmers to put in 20 hours a work/or 20 hours of community service to keep this benefit?

What was the Commodity Credit Corporation doing with $12 Billion just laying around? How does this administration propose to pay this back, ( yeah I know it’s Trump, but …)?

Will there be some sort of Kushner effect that farmers don’t know about like they have to pay this back, there will late fees attached, and other dirty deeds?

40 Likes

You mean Ron Johnson who went to Russia on the Fourth of July?

20 Likes

yeah that’s how he knows how their economy now works.

8 Likes

Well, how about this Putinbot? :expressionless:

24 Likes

Oh FFS, we’re living in the Twilight Zone now.

9 Likes

Hey thanks for the set up:

2 Likes

Funny how they can find 12 billion when they want to … but never to help you-know-who.

17 Likes

Only the FIRST …

Wait till the others come with their hands out —

seafood
cars
tech
etc … etc … etc …

PAY UP TAXPAYERS ! …

12 Likes

“unjustified retaliation” – HEY, We called dibs on adding tariffs. YOU don’t get to raise tariffs, too!

Effing international trade is hard…

13 Likes

Ya gotta admit, “unjustified retaliation” are some HUGELY BIG words. What about “unfair”? Do I smell some kale and soy latte?

11 Likes

This Phucking Idiot has been in office less than two years !!
WAKE UP AMERICA!!

8 Likes

A TARP for Big Agra? When do I get mine?

11 Likes