Discussion: US To Appeal Ruling That Blocked Obama's Executive Action On Immigration

Discussion for article #233321

No one leaves a prosperous, happy life in their country to become illegal in someone else’s. Most refugee claimants are proven truthful and would much rather live in their own country. This is a proven fact. If republicans want a country free of foreigners, they should make sure every country is free of conflict.

3 Likes

The 5th Circuit will overturn this. What these guys don’t seem to understand, is that even though you are a federal judge, you still have to give the appearance of upholding precedents and present at least a shallow grounding in law when you make a ruling, you can’t just say “I personally don’t like Mexicans”.

That said, will this give enough cover for Boehner to offer up a clean DHS funding bill now?

3 Likes

even though you are a federal judge, you still have to give the appearance of upholding precedents and present at least a shallow grounding in law when you make a ruling

That doesn’t seem to be true in Alabama or, for some cases, the Supreme Court.

In Alabama, their judge threw a public temper tanturm, and within 4 days a Federal Judge had them issuing marriage certificates to gays. Because the question of Federal Supremacy has already been answered and precedent set.

And while I strongly disagree with many of this Court’s rulings, A) SCOTUS is where precedents are supposed to be set and/or confirmed B) Scalia et. al., do at least try and couch their decisions on some tenuous touch to actual law. Often times flying completely in the face of the logic they have used in every other case, but still…at least they give the appearance.

You nailed it. The GOP is looking for a way out of their latest self inflicted stupidity wound with DHS. I am not certain this will be enough, but we shall see. I always look forward to reading your posts, DaveyJones64.

1 Like