Discussion: Up Is Down: GOP Seeks Criminal Referral For Trump's Former Personal Attorney

Sure you want to go there, Meadows?

18 Likes

“I ask unanimous consent that my letter referring Mr. Cohen for violating FARA for illegal lobbying activity be entered into the record,” Meadows said at a House Oversight Committee hearing where Cohen was testifying

11 Likes

Nah, Chairman Cummings did the right thing and hopefully he’ll remind Meadows about that at a later date.

7 Likes

So this is less about Cohen right and more a GOP warning to anyone else coming to testify?

14 Likes

I could be a little (lot) biased, but I don’t think the GOP is coming off looking to well…

7 Likes

To anyone watching, do you think the House Treason Caucus’s actions are coming across as “OMFG what do they have on you guys?” dodgy to ordinary people as they do to us?

12 Likes

The proper way to listen to every one of the GOP assholes is to swap out “Trump” for “Cohen”. Moral clarity and logical consistency ensue.

9 Likes

Good on Rep. Meadows. If he hadn’t made this referral I’m sure no one in the DOJ would have ever suspected Cohen had committed any crimes. Now the DOJ can start investigating him. Who knows, Cohen might actually have to serve some time in prison for this, and all because Rep. Meadows was on the ball today. Thank you Congressman Meadows.

17 Likes

“Trump’s crimes don’t matter. We just want to shoot the messenger.”

13 Likes

Oh look, more witness intimidation. Message sent: “any of you fucking rats out there who flip and then testify before congress against Trump better expect that we’re going to try to get you charged with more crimes, ruin your families and abuse our power to punish you for testifying.”

10 Likes

True, except they don’t have any power to do that at this point in time. Empty blustering from pathetic disgusting bullies.

4 Likes

They’ve demonstrated that they cannot even read their own form. Thanks Rep Porter (D-CA)!

5 Likes

This whole thing is a guide on the Gooper side ……

Tribalism 101 —

1 Like

She’s a freshman from OC. Also a law professor.

1 Like

Blue Wave, baby! :ocean:

1 Like

Hell yeah.

2 Likes

My God! The whole GOP is now a part of the Trump Criminal Enterprise.

6 Likes

Surprise!

2 Likes

Mr. Meadows, I have here the foreign nation Suriname.

Suriname tells me, as a foreign nation, that Mr. Cohen never represented them as an unregistered agent. How do you square that with your claim that Mr. Cohen acted as an unregistered agent for a foreign nation?

2 Likes