Discussion: Unlikely Pairing: Trump Jr. Sides With AOC To Attack Politico Report

1 Like

As if getting liked by tratior-tot wasn’t enough reason, a true star does not complain about the venue right out of the gate as if they were the first one to notice.

6 Likes

Donald Trump Jr. sympathized with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) when she criticized a Politico article, calling it “birdcage lining.”

Anybody got a link for the subsequent tweet in which she repudiates Jr’s support?

6 Likes

Did she deny the article’s primary assertion?

2 Likes

Yes, that is what her tweet says. “Birdcage lining” is basically a lining for the collection of bird sh.t. That is much stronger denial than saying, I deny.

That is not the first time that Politico attacked her like this. And not the first time they were completely wrong. She’s not attacking them. She’s defending herself from their continuous attack.

It is also not a pairing, TPM. A legitimate individual grievance and whining over all media being fake news are not a pair. Likely or not. Not even when Donald wants it.

11 Likes

When’s Trump going to invite AOC into the Oval Office so he can hit on her discuss legislation?

1 Like

The article Ocasio-Cortez took issue with concerned reporting that she was working to recruit a primary challenger to take on Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), who is a member of House Democratic leadership.

previously

The grass-roots group expects to focus more on safe Democratic seats — as Crowley’s was — than on the swing districts, largely centered in the suburbs, that the party won en route to the House majority.

Jeffries seat is D+36

4 Likes

You say that, and yet most young people I know are relieved and feel encouraged by her pulling the mask off ‘business as usual’ in DC.

5 Likes

She’s reportedly going after Jeffries, cause Crowley endorsed him.

5 Likes

She’s complaining about anonymously sourced stories. If the young people you know want to think she’s the one who first noticed or mentioned or complained about that then fine.

5 Likes

She’s calling out anyone and anything that seems fucked up. Seems fine to me. But you have fun setting the boundaries of what she’s allowed to care about.

5 Likes

I’m not setting anything. Pick a fight with someone else.

7 Likes

'Scuse me, but I don’t see anything in here where Junior “sided” with AOC – I only see where he figured out a place where he could whine about how abused and misunderstood he is.

Individual-1 and all the Individual-Xs who share the same last name (I suspect we will find out quite soon what numbers Beavis, Butthead and Jarvanka have been assigned in the coming days or weeks) are nothing but VICTIMS!!! In this case, Junior is an opportunistic victim – he doesn’t care who he piggy-backs onto in a search for sympathy.

13 Likes

Dear Donnie:

Facts are not gossip.

Oh, and go fuck yourself, traitor.

Love,

Me

2 Likes

[quote=“gryka, post:5, topic:82224, full:true”]
Yes, that is what her tweet says. “Birdcage lining” is basically a lining for the collection of bird sh.t. That is much stronger denial than saying, I deny. [/quote]

Sure, but neither in her tweet nor in the Politico article does she actually deny the assertion that she wants Hakeem Jeffries to be primaried.

She says the article is gossip and unsourced and birdcage lining and so on, but these are methodological criticisms, not substantive denials!

 

I have no objection to what she said. None at all.

And as for primarying Jeffries in 2020, at the moment I’d like to see what he does in the majority. If anyone wants to primary him eventually, I would not be automatically opposed to it. I’d have to look at an argument when the time comes.

1 Like

Yep.

Nowhere does Jr. agree with AO-C about the veracity of the Politico piece. He doesn’t actually attack the piece at all. He just plays the whining victim.

4 Likes

AOC is in danger of becoming DJT, a combination of her prodigious ego and the fawning media. She was dealt a great hand but doesn’t seem to be playing her cards right.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Parasitical opportunistic whining.

3 Likes

And that’s only because we’re being nice to him…

2 Likes