Discussion: U.S. Officially Removes Cuba From Terror Blacklist

Discussion for article #236918

About time.

I won’t know what to think about this until Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz weigh in. I wonder what they will think about this…ohwaitaminute, no, I DON’T. Kudos to the President and Secretary Kerry for doing the right thing. It’s long past time we stop treating Cuba like a miniature USSR and normalize relations.

1 Like

Which just goes to show that the “war against terrorism” is (and always has been) a political fiction and the classification of countries as terrorist is entirely political, a way to try to isolate political opponents. Same in the U.S., with prosecutions of activists under anti-terror laws.

2 Likes

Pres Obama just lost the Cuban votes for 2016…

1 Like

We put them on it in '82, while at the same time we were supporting the terrorist Contras.

The latest evidence for a vote to repeal Obamacare!

This was a very dangerous move.

The only sensible response is to build a massive Smart Fence around the entire perimeter of Florida.

On the bright side, the new Democratic president just gained the Cuban vote for the 2016 election.