Discussion: Trump's Odd Trade Deal Press Conference Leaves Many Questions In Its Wake

I think we now know why Trump took that psychotic swipe at Canada after the G7, and why he’s got his Saudi puppet attacking Canada on trade. Trump has concluded that Trudea is weak personally and that with the right kind of pressure he can force him to cave to a disadvantageous trade deal.

Of course Trump might not be president for too much longer, so the future of that longish game is very much in doubt.

PLEASE Please please… MAKE it so.

1 Like

Americans can sleep well tonight, knowing our trade issues with Mexico have been solved. Mexico will start de-traderizing soon!!

Nothing there as usual from dumbarse stumbling lying dotard…Zero, zilch, nada…g.d. damned old fool…

1 Like

So for me it all comes down to who is advising Trump on trade? The man is not known for grasping the intricacies of a complex problem. He can’t even work a phone for dog’s sake!

Ho Hum.

One more idiot headline for the idiot. I understand we are going to war with Canada this week. The Battle for Boundary Lake will go down in history!

So desperate for any news other than McCain that Trump eats another shit sandwich.

He is beyond petulant. He is mentally ill.

Trump’s Odd.

Say no more…

I, for one, will sleep better now that Trumpp has achieved what “a lot of people said couldn’t be done”: denuclearization of the Yucatan peninsula.

The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative said Mexico had agreed to ensure…that 40 percent to 45 percent be made by workers earning at least $16 an hour.

This left me wondering:

–What’s the current percentage for the vehicles we import from Mexico?

–Is it really a narrow 40-45% band rather than a single minimum percentage? A band that narrow could greatly reduce flexibility in sourcing.

–How easy would it be for companies to game the standard with transfer pricing, just as companies already do to concentrate profits in low-tax countries?

All details of the news and agreement aside, this is a guy who is sitting in his own office with a phone on his desk for a year and a half and cannot figure out the speakerphone. He’s just randomly pushing buttons. Holy crap. What the hell has he been doing in the room for 18 months without ever using his phone? The staff and central switchboard go straight to voicemail? Since that can’t possibly be true, then he forgot how to work his phone?

Between the above video,
this past video: https://www.inquisitr.com/4347591/trump-wanders-away-from-huge-limousine-parked-right-in-front-of-him-after-getting-off-air-force-one-video/
and this picture: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/president-trump-coloring-american-flag-wrong_us_5b8419cae4b0cd327dfea9fa

he clearly has the mind of a child. Somebody needs to be making a little multimedia mix-tape…

Has Dotard realized yet that his phone call was actually with Sasha Baron Cohen, not Enrique Peña Nieto?

No trade deal for you, Donnie…

1 Like