Discussion: Trump's Move To Limit Asylum Is Immediately Challenged In Court

1 Like

Trump is not having the best luck in court:

On Thursday, a federal judge in Montana blocked the administration’s permit allowing the pipeline and barred any construction of the project until completion of a supplemental environmental review. Trump called the Keystone decision a “disgrace,” saying it was a political move.

16 Likes

Shit, we all knew that was how it would play out.

5 Likes

That was so awesome, that ruling.

And now this. Trump is having the worst week ever. You can tell by his raving.

15 Likes

“Trump” & “Asylum” just seem like natural bedfellows…

Time to commit him, folks…

25 45

13 Likes
  1. force asylum seekers to go to ports of entry
  2. keep processing capability low at ports of entry
  3. complain that our ports of entry are being overwhelmed by huge numbers of asylum seekers while the actual number being processed is a trickle and many of those who want to apply cannot wait for weeks and have to give up on entering the US

Deplorable.

17 Likes

I hope the stress and strain and frustration makes his hair fall out.

On the other hand, he’d be one ugly bald mofo.

6 Likes
  1. children are taken from their parents and then their parents are deported and the children are put up for adoption.
9 Likes

It’s too fucking Hitler for words - they did the same thing with Jewish babies who looked Aryan. They went one step further and killed the people they deported, mostly.

This has to violate international laws and I just don’t see how our laws are allowing it because you have to usually get biological parents to sign off all of their custody rights before a child can be adopted and I know these parents haven’t done that.

This is an atrocity, a real atrocity - the whole thing at the border is an atrocity. Where is the international community? O that’s right - they are busy abusing their own immigrants.

sigh

13 Likes

“Trump also suggested he’d revoke the right to citizenship for babies born to non-U.S. citizens on American soil”

6 Likes

OOoooookay then.

{snicker}

4 Likes

I was about to say something similar.

4 Likes

I can’t find the tweet highlighting the joint statement issued by the DOJ/DHS about the lawsuit, but it made me sick to my stomach.

Anyone have it?

1 Like

Me

“he literally made birthright citizenship a campaign issue and (checks notes) he did that last week.”

3 Likes

I know that. He doesn’t have any control over that. That’s why I snickered - he’s cray cray

5 Likes

Yep, me as well. Gotta be quick on the draw in this forum. Trump + asylum (insane that is) = perfect match. “They’re coming to take me away…”, ah yes, in my dreams.

1 Like

I understand straight jacket is stylish for wannabe dictators this year.

4 Likes

Positively de rigueur.

2 Likes

Donald is essentially powerless.

He really doesn’t have a political party behind him, and his public support rates in the twenties at best. And most of those are similar grifters who’ll switch to the “next pretty thing” that seems opportune.

Trump is powerless. We need to know if he’s a criminal.

1 Like

When I was in college the first time, a Dutch friend told me about how Nazis would single out 12- to 13-year-old boys and make them drop their pants. If they were circumcised, well ….

His secondhand horror has never left me.

2 Likes