Discussion: Trump's Latest DOJ Nom Was At Key Meeting With Comey And Sessions

3 Likes

So does Drumpf think he’s buying this stooge’s silence ( or “agreement” with Sesssion’s version of things) with a cushy appointment?

9 Likes

Republican members “grilling”…

“Mr. Hunt, does two plus two equal four? Yes? Thank you. You’re confirmed.”

10 Likes

Republicans are adverse to that kind of math. More like, how much is 2 plus 2 if there’s a tax cut…

6 Likes

Comey met with Sessions and was said to have told Sessions he did not want to be left alone with Trump again.

That’s exactly what numerous beauty pageant contestants have been saying for years now!

16 Likes

Oh what a tangled web we weave…

Did none of these dumbchucks ever read classic poetry, Shakespeare, or the any of the major Greek Tragedies?

10 Likes

“I do not wish to share my personal feelings regarding the theory of mathematics with the Committee at this time”

5 Likes

Do you think a female Secretary of State should use a private email server and is it prosecutable?

3 Likes

it wasn’t for powell and rice. precedent set.

3 Likes

Hunt is a fact witness concerning the meeting with Comey and subject to subpoena for testimony, documents or other records by the Mueller Grand Jury. Given the limited number of people there, it seems almost certain.

Ordinarily, this would disqualify Hunt from this job, or any job at DOJ. There are almost certainly going to be GOP Senators (Richard Burr, as example) who will see this as an attempt to enlist them in obstruction of justice, and will object. Most, of course, will be happy to help.

There are probably at least a few more who don’t want to get crosswise with Mueller. At least on those two bases, I question whether there are fifty GOP votes for this guy.

7 Likes

they are nuts for putting this guy in front of the senate.

7 Likes

My understanding is that this guy would be in line to execute the firing of Mueller should Trump decide to go the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre route and start firing everyone in DoJ who refused his order to fire Mueller. That’s the way Rachel Maddow explained it anyway, after firing Rosenstein and Rachel Brand for refusing his order it would fall to this guy who would be replacing Dana Boente, US Attorney for Eastern District of Virginia.

It turns out the Eastern District would be next in line of succession after an executive order by Trump that reversed an earlier executive order by Obama that had changed the line of succession to prevent Trump from being able to hand pick Boente’s replacement from being next in line for a decision like this.

6 Likes

So he’s already been bent over and expressed fealty?

1 Like

He bent over and they expressed his glands, at least. Time will tell if that translates into fealty.

1 Like

This is a mob business. Hunt pledged loyalty to Trump and was rewarded with a plumb post where he can continue to serve and protect the Senile Don.

2 Likes

Re your last paragraph: Yes. Mueller operates in a space in which the year 2018 doesn’t mean much beside another year on a calendar; the same, however, cannot be said of the Senate.

3 Likes

[quote=“sanni, post:7, topic:62309”]
Did none of these dumbchucks ever read classic poetry,[/quote]

No.

Shakespeare,

Not Shakespeare, either.

or the any of the major Greek Tragedies?

Not a chance. First off, Greek uses like, a whole 'nother alphabet and besides that, just look at what a mess the Greek economy is in.

We, the People, however had better hope that the deus ex machina descends right quickly.

3 Likes

Bonus job for keeping his mouth shut.

1 Like

Trump and his gang are morally rotten to the core. I have great sympathy for the dedicated public servants who remain at the DOJ who are still trying to faithfully do their jobs.

2 Likes