Discussion: Trump's EPA Nominee: Climate Change 'A Huge Issue' But Not 'Greatest Crisis'

Well duh! The crisis at the border is The Greatest Crisis™

16 Likes

Burying Robert Mueller in an EPA landfill without any pesky environmental impact studies needing performed is probably higher on their priority list.

2 Likes

Good move, Sen. Whitehouse.

“I did not work on the plan, I do not have a copy of it. I saw it briefly,” Wheeler said, referring to Murray’s wish list.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., displayed a blown up version of a photo taken of the meeting with Perry, showing Wheeler at Murray’s side.

A second photo showed Murray’s rollback plan in Wheeler’s hands.

Who you gonna believe, Wheeler or your own eyes?

19 Likes

No, of course not.The survival of the planet is no big deal. We’ll just all move over to Earth 2.0. You’d think Trump would hire somebody competent just by accident sometime.

8 Likes

Nah, too much effort. Just use The Border as a way to keep the Deplorable Base in line and the senate follows along for free. Governing by lowest common denominator.

Rudy is have a great crisis, though it’s of his choosing

3 Likes

“a huge issue”

A huge issue that we’ll be addressed by gutting regulations.

7 Likes

This guy looks like the bad guy in a terrible 80s frat boy comedy

3 Likes

Poor sad Rudy. Womp womp…

2 Likes

I kind of feel the same way toward Donald.

Matthew Perry will play him in the movie.

3 Likes

Wow, I thought for a sec it was a weird photo of Rudy Ghouli… same mouth, eyes, etc… where does he find these people?? All cut from the same, reptilian mold…

Wheeler told lawmakers that he had yet to read a massive government climate-change report released late last year that emphasized manmade climate change was already underway.

Excuse me??? The ACTING EPA DIRECTOR doesn’t bother reading the biggest environmental report of the decade? What happened to “intellectual curiosity” and “workplace knowledge”? He’s being considered to be EPA director and hasn’t read the latest reports on climate change? How can he speak on the topic AT ALL with the slightest whiff of credibility? I mean, jeebus, I’m just a concerned civilian and I’ve read the damned thing!

A huge issue, but not the greatest crisis

That kind of stupid is right up there with… well, there was a guy I knew who was invited to buy in to IBM when it was just getting started. But, he saw no future in the PC, so…

Yeah. Hiring ignorant, shortsighted people to head critical agencies that are required to “look ahead” for making good decisions, is not my idea of good governance. This guy is just another fossil fuel industry mouthpiece.

But then, as clearly noted elsewhere, this admin isn’t interested in keeping agencies like the EPA (or the general population apparently) alive and well…

5 Likes

Look on the bright side. Rising sea levels will wash away all those pesky mine tailings and other Superfund sites. If the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets go, the rising sea will probably even put out California’s wild fires. It’s a win-win!

4 Likes

Climate Change is being addressed Globally. Europe had Toxic air & had to change. So they did & outlawed coal. They are light years away from us on renewable energy.

1 Like

I am actually glad that they put up this last gen, anti-science republican, and asked Senators to vote for him. Better to have the evil out in the open. Wheeler makes a great campaign advert, and if Gardner, Tillis, McSally, or Collins vote for him, it will be a major campaign issue.

Ditto for Cornyn with another big Texas storm/heatwave.

4 Likes

Nothing that a little more arsenic and mercury won’t fix.

2 Likes

Grifting while Earth burns…

We are now on the path where carbon sequestration is required to avert creating significant swaths of the planet that are unlivable by 2100. And nobody yet has anything that looks scaleable to remove carbon unless the price of carbon is dramatically increased.

Sad thing is that the cost is ~1-2% of global GDP for 10 years or so and a reorganization of ~15% of the world economy.

Peanuts from a risk management perspective…

9 Likes

You do realize that light-years is a measure of distance?

1 Like

Well now…

Wheeler told senators that his main work for Murray had been on health benefits and pensions.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available