Discussion: Trump's 1st Question To NatSec Team: What Do We Want To Do?

Discussion for article #245996

Attack the oil and keep the oil," Trump said.

For some reason this reminds me of the scene in “Raising Arizona” where the citizen in the bank asks Lithgow whether he wants him to lie down on the floor or put his hands up cause he can’t do both.

He’s seriously stupid.

10 Likes

Trumpf can in tune in to the Sunday morning shows, particularly MTP because he’s said that’s where he gets his information.

TRUMP: Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great… you know, when you watch your show, and all of the other shows, and you have the generals, and you have certain people you like.

Do you like someone in particular?

TRUMP: Probably there are two or three. I mean, I like Bolton. I think he’s a tough cookie, knows what he’s talking about. Jacobs is a good guy.

7 Likes

You hear that, members of the armed services? You haven’t been doing anything at all about ISIS.

8 Likes

Seriously stupid is the correct term. He probably thinks he’ll have the world problems all worked put by his SOU address. And his SOU address will probably last 15 minutes. I mean, what else is there to say?

5 Likes

I’m waiting for someone to call Trump’s bluff and ask him exactly what about the Iran deal does he object to. I’m convinced that he has no idea what’s in the deal or any of its important details. When he made a similar comment about the TPP deal in one of the earlier debates and, upon being asked what was wrong with the deal, he said that it didn’t require China to cease currency manipulation. Rand Paul called him on this by stating that China wasn’t a party to the deal!

5 Likes

Trump is stupid and a loser, we all agree. But at least he disputed Rubio’s and Bush’s often-repeated cray-cray claim that W “kept us safe” by reminding them twice about WTC. First and only time I’ve ever agreed with anything out of his mouth, so even better if that amounts to KOD for his GOPer audience.

3 Likes

…and this is how World War III begun!

1 Like

I’m 100% certain Donald Trump could not even describe the Iran Treaty in three coherent sentences. Why are the moderators afraid of questions an 8th grade civics teacher would ask on any test?

7 Likes

Dear Lord. This man thinks that foreign policy is like playing a game of Risk: The Game of Global Domination.

5 Likes

In that case I fear for the future of Australia and New Zealand.

4 Likes

“We’re also going to have to learn who our allies are,” he continued. “We have allies, so-called allies, We’re spending billions and billions of dollars supporting people we have no idea who they are in Syria.”

that’s on Langley and Foggy Bottom…

He also noted that he believes that the U.S. should go after the Islamic State by attacking their oil.

"Take the wealth away. Attack the oil and keep the oil," Trump said.

which is it?

3 Likes

Attack it and then put a ring on it, just like Ray Rice.

2 Likes

but, but

there are cameras watching

1 Like

I enjoy and understand your point, so pardon the correction. It was John Goodman, not Lithgow.

2 Likes

You’ll have to wait when it’s down to three and then two on the stage. Eventually he’ll have to provide details as the questions come faster. When and if he’s one on one with Sanders or Clinton he’ll have no choice but to provide details. And when he does it will be embarrassing. I’m surprised he hasn’t boned up a bit. You really don’t need too many details to pass the confidence test. Unfortunately though, they’ll be just too many questions coming at Trump, questions requiring answers with some scope of the history, conflicts, and players involved. Basically you have to know what you’re talking about. You can’t bully the moderators in the general. And in the general, everybody’s watching.

1 Like

Oh hell, of course you’re right! Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

“Because we are going to have to hit very, very hard to knock out ISIS.”

“We’re also going to have to learn who our allies are,” he continued.

Hit 'em hard first, then learn who are allies are. Brilliant!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Damn, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen that… I remembered all that differently! :slight_smile:

1 Like