Discussion: Trump: You Know I Love The Disabled Because My Buildings Are Accessible

1 Like

He said he met me in the 1980s. I had no idea, Trump said.

John Miller: I can confirm that the reporter met me and not Sir Trump.

18 Likes

“Trump: You Know I Love The Disabled Because My Buildings Are Accessible.”

“Plus, I publicly mock them.”

Trust me, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”

“So, QED.”

41 Likes

Wow hahahaha. The word “pathetic” just called and warned me it would have to start charging me a usage fee if I don’t slow down.

29 Likes

“I spend millions of dollars making buildings good for people that are
disabled, okay? Millions and millions of dollars. Do you think I’d ever
do a thing like that?”

I’m just going throw out the guess that you HAD TO because there is this little law that you might have heard of…

21 Likes

You know I love the disabled because I usually comply with Federal laws that require I make my buildings accessible…

It’s curious to me to watch him dig and dig the hole of GOP delusion. Rubio was publicly defending him this morning with the tired old refrain, “But Hillary would be worse…”

You better start listing specifics, Marco, because I’m not sure what worse-than-Donald-Trump looks like.

22 Likes

Sorry but disability does not mean people have accessibility issues. Some people with disabilities have accessibility issues (e.g. because they use a wheel chair, most commonly, or they have trouble walking). But plenty do not. The ones who do not are not fair game for derision. You don’t need the ADA for that, you just need to be a decent human being.

16 Likes

Coming soon to the gift shop at Trump Tower, the bumper sticker: I :heart: The Disabled.

10 Likes

Yes, because it’s a freaking federal law you complete asshole!

26 Likes

Donnie Drumpf wouldn’t know the ADA act if it fell on his head.

5 Likes

Do you think I’d ever do a thing like that?

Absolutely because you did do a thing like that.

15 Likes

“The truth is what I say it is.”

There has never been a dictator and totalitarian who has not believed that statement. I would be alarmed if there were 20% of the population who would be okay with someone with that totalitarian outlook.

Over at 538, Nate is calculating that the United States of America will conduct a “close election” with the election of a totalitarian as one of the two outcomes.

Post Script:

I left off the most important thing of this post. Trump, in giving the public nearly 100% lies (and getting away with it) has already conditioned the American people to be ruled by a dictator. This is extremely dangerous, particularly when combined with statements in which Trump pushes the envelope more and more into outrageous behaviour and verbiage…with little actual pushback other than “tsk tsk”

19 Likes

As a New York City official said: “I wouldn’t believe a word Trump said even if he had his tongue notarized.”

25 Likes

I’m fairly certain that distinction is lost on Trump.

4 Likes

Man. The assh*le is strong on this one…

Whats interesting is how frequently trump has had to resort to using the Fox News “filter” to counter what he’s being quoting as stated…and to blame the media, typical rove/cheney tactic, for miss quoting or misunderstanding him…

7 Likes

During the Republican National Convention, a fact checker caught the following:

Donald Trump (in an interview with Bill O’Reilly live during the RNC proceedings): “I wanted [the convention] to be here and we had lots of choices. I wanted it to be in Ohio, I recommended Ohio, and people fought very hard that it be in Ohio.”

The Facts: The Republican National Committee’s Site Selection Committee announced in July 2014 its recommendation of Cleveland, Ohio, as the site of the convention. Donald Trump announced his intention to run for president nearly a year later, in June 2015

You know, I think he is utterly incapable of telling the truth. Fact checkers would be much better off reporting on when he says something that IS true.

16 Likes

Honestly, sometimes it’s the little lies like this that point up his craziness most glaringly. It’s as though he has no understanding that other people have their own minds, they can listen to what he says and compare it to other records and so forth. Does he really comprehend that? He’s presuming that nobody knows there’s such a thing as the ADA, that nobody knows what the reporter in question said, that nobody knows Trump is twisting the phrase “I don’t remember” out of what the reporter obviously meant, that nobody knows the reporter says he met Trump numerous times, that nobody can see he was obviously imitating the way the reporter’s arm looks…

Well. At any rate. Enough of this sick maniac for now.

14 Likes

I loved that movie!

The ending was superb!

said he would never mock a disabled person

I just can’t with this man. His lies come so naturally I don’t even think he knows he is doing it. You can’t believe a word he says. #NotOneWord.

14 Likes

The man continuously plays the public for fools. He does it ALL the time.

3 Likes