Discussion: Trump Won't Let Ambassadors Who Were Political Appointees Stay Past Jan. 20

Remarkably stupid and short-sighted.

In other words, just what we might have expected.

32 Likes

That is not at all unreasonable. His Pestilence has a lot of favours to pay back and he needs to send Katrina Pierson to some far-away country before she causes a scandal…

5 Likes

Again, the difference between political bed wetting and governance.

15 Likes

Charming people, these Trumpians. Stupid, moronic and idiotic too…but charming.

3 Likes

Yeah, Malaria and Barren have to stay in NYC because she doesn’t want to disrupt his school year (and subject him to constant humiliation when he tries to fit in at Sidwell Friends) but these ambassadors’ kids? F*ck 'em!

ETA: Apparently Pepe went on a tweet tantrump about Arnold and the rebooted Apprentice getting low ratings. Seriously, is this what we’ve become?

18 Likes

How’s Russia play in this? If Trump’s dumping Russian OR Ukranian, or for that matter ANY sensitive-location diplomat even as he is suspected of passive treason, it will only remove the word ā€œpassiveā€ from that label in the minds of real patriots.

Is this part of Putin’s plan? Can ANYONE name another beneficiary of such willful mis-governance?

Do the dupes surrounding Trump even care? Do they realize they’ve been had by a foreign power?

7 Likes

Don and his gang are just beyond stupid. This idiot Don is so incompetent and so unfit for the job - kicking out all the diplomats at once - no replacements… Don is just too unstable and too unfit for the job… What a complete a@@hole! and insane. He is just insane!

5 Likes

I forgot how much I loathe the feeling of hating the president.

13 Likes

It doesn’t really matter. The embassy will be taken over by the DCM who is a Foreign Service professional. This is merely a symbolic gesture by Trump to prove what an asshole he is – in case anyone was still in doubt.

8 Likes

Heartless Trump or Trump the heartless. My new name for Trumpo the clown.

2 Likes

Let’s all pray he sends her somewhere unstable. How about Libya?

ETA: yes, I am ashamed of myself. Sort of.

7 Likes

I don’t see this as a big deal. He’s pulling diplomats that are ceremonial. They are plum positions for donors. Sometimes incoming administration will let them serve beyond the 20th, accommodate children’s school schedule, etc.

4 Likes

Seriously, is this what we’ve become?

Yes. You were expecting the Vulcan High Council?

7 Likes

No, I’m expecting the Klingon High Council - a fine combination of viciousness, infighting, and backstabbing.

11 Likes

This is what we have become. I now understand how Romans felt upon the arrival of Emperor Commodus.

ā€œYou have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.ā€
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

10 Likes

About 30 percent of ambassadors appointed by President Obama have been political appointees, according to Politico.

I guess Trumpski doesn’t want them having any official contact with foreign governments once he takes over. The new ones will take loyalty oaths and sign NDA’s.

5 Likes

Also nice,especially in winter

1 Like

As I posted in another thread – the Apprentice thingy is today’s topic, NOT the intel briefing about Russia he’s receiving.

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. It may be cold, but it looks pretty stable. I was thinking more of somewhere she’d have to wear body armor or something. To match her jewelry.

3 Likes